ADVERTISEMENT

Nebby

Hungry Jack

Gold Member
Nov 17, 2008
the cotton fields and bus shelters
www.cbc.ca
Saturday at 1:15 pm in Lincoln. I hope the weird start time does not cause us to sleep on them.

The vaunted ESPN Matchup Predictor gives us a 37% probability of winning. That seems a bit less than generous. I think we match up well enough, but our perimeter defense will be tested. As another poster illustrated, they have several guys who can shoot the 3.

But no crazy athletic guard to torture us. Boo, Berry, Barney are all good perimeter defenders. Borg is capable too.

Nebraska will throw depth and length at us. 9 guys who average over 10 minutes. It is a veteran team too. Probably not going to do a lot of dumb stuff.

Nebraska has given up points in several games. I don't want to get into a shootout with them. We need Big Matt to grab more offensive rebounds, which should be possible if Mast is playing.

As always, it seems like it will depend on who gets a hot hand and how well the defense responds (for both teams).

Neb has only lost one home game this year, I think. Cats could be the second if they show up well enough.

Hoiberg just confirmed that starter Juwan Gary is OUT for tomorrow's tilt. He's a starting wing that they move to the 4 when they go small ball. He's been a very useful two-way player for them, so the 'Cats catch a break there.
Interesting… saw he got injured at Rutgers. Never want to see a guy get hurt but that definitely is a loss for them.

Reactions: drewjin
The game really isn’t a pressure game like Maryland was. So we should play free and see what happens. The Illinois and OSU games though will be if we don’t beat Nebby…

Saturday at 1:15 pm in Lincoln. I hope the weird start time does not cause us to sleep on them.

The vaunted ESPN Matchup Predictor gives us a 37% probability of winning. That seems a bit less than generous. I think we match up well enough, but our perimeter defense will be tested. As another poster illustrated, they have several guys who can shoot the 3.

But no crazy athletic guard to torture us. Boo, Berry, Barney are all good perimeter defenders. Borg is capable too.

Nebraska will throw depth and length at us. 9 guys who average over 10 minutes. It is a veteran team too. Probably not going to do a lot of dumb stuff.

Nebraska has given up points in several games. I don't want to get into a shootout with them. We need Big Matt to grab more offensive rebounds, which should be possible if Mast is playing.
Great summary. One more thing to be optimistic about is that we turn the ball over very little. Except with teams that press hard. That’s Penn State. That's not Nebby.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT