ADVERTISEMENT

Nevada Game Odds

What were we vs. ISU? Not trying to snark or rub salt in the wound, just wondering.

There was no official line on the game because they are division two or whatever in the world they call it now. Sagarin' computer had us as roughly a four touchdown favorite, if I remember correctly.

Reactions: Hungry Jack
I could see a huge blowout. They are going from a run-heavy scheme to a passing attack, that's a messy move against a excellent defense.

Plus their defense couldn't tackle last year, good luck with JJ

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
I would love to see it but I honestly don't think the Cats would cover in this one- it's just not in their offense to win BIG nor is it a Fitzism. I can see 20.5 but nothing more than that-especially with the heat of September 2nd, the Dogs ('Cats) will likely be called off in the 4th and working on execution- in the productive sense, not the murderous sense.

'Cats 34-16 (3 FGs and a late garbage TD)

If there are odds on any game it should be for a team from Nevada, you know like Las Vegas or Reno
I just reported the Vegas odds. They also have every other game odds for contests played in the first week.

I would love to see it but I honestly don't think the Cats would cover in this one- it's just not in their offense to win BIG nor is it a Fitzism. I can see 20.5 but nothing more than that-especially with the heat of September 2nd, the Dogs ('Cats) will likely be called off in the 4th and working on execution- in the productive sense, not the murderous sense.

'Cats 34-16 (3 FGs and a late garbage TD)
Then you should bet Nevada. I'm doing nothing more than reporting the current odds.

Believe that the spread is less reflective of us and more reflective of a Nevada team that has the potential to be just horrific this year.

Uh, what is it?

There wasn't a joke.

Phatcat merely observed that ,
"Nevada. Game. Odds. Joke in there somewhere"

are words that sound like the intro to a joke. Sort of like if you were telling a true story that started, "Two clergy friends and I were at a bar."

I found his observation rang true, was for that reason, amusing.

Last edited:
I must say the ATS confidence ranking in the link linked by Fitzphile slayed me

"5: Wide open Steph Curry
1: #Covfefe"

I don't like it when we are heavily favored. We seem to play down to our competition it cases like this. I have nightmares about ISU, New Hampshire, Army, and such. I already have knots in my stomach awaiting kickoff.

I'm sure the former Bama QB will have some skills, but Saban's QB wasn't exactly an all-American last year. They won with defense and a strong run game.

I'm sure the former Bama QB will have some skills, but Saban's QB wasn't exactly an all-American last year. They won with defense and a strong run game.

Except he was a Freshman All-American... Hurts is pretty darn good.

Except he was a Freshman All-American... Hurts is pretty darn good.
Didn't realize that. He definitely is a dangerous dual threat. Wasn't impressed by his passing vs. Clemson (or Tennessee for that matter, the only two games of his I watched), but 22 TDs vs. 9 INT are solid stats for a Frosh. Of course, he had great athletes all around him and that helps a lot.

Well there were these three cowboys who got lost on their way to the game. They stopped in Vegas for directions but instead were given the odds. Inputting the numbers into their GPS they ended up over - well at least the game was over by the time they made it to Reno.

Didn't realize that. He definitely is a dangerous dual threat. Wasn't impressed by his passing vs. Clemson (or Tennessee for that matter, the only two games of his I watched), but 22 TDs vs. 9 INT are solid stats for a Frosh. Of course, he had great athletes all around him and that helps a lot.

He's got physical abilities that Saban seldom has had from his QBs. Bama has historically favored "game manager" QBs... that's not Hurts. He could be absolutely lethal over the next couple seasons.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT