ADVERTISEMENT

New Cat Steven Reese goes in-depth on his commitment

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
Northwestern's newest Wildcat Steven Reese goes in-depth about the reasons he pulled the trigger on his official visit over the weekend.

'It felt amazing' ($)

Re: Oh baby, baby It's a wild world....

I saw Cat Stevens on TV recently. He just completed a US tour for the first time in 35 years. He can still sing, but looks like the grandfather of the 1970's Cat Stevens.

Originally posted by Evanstonian:
I saw Cat Stevens on TV recently. He just completed a US tour for the first time in 35 years. He can still sing, but looks like the grandfather of the 1970's Cat Stevens.
That guy really pulled the rug out on his own career. Calling for the death of Salman Rushdi was no bueno. Interesting story how it was seeing his son pick up his old guitar that made him want to play again. I personally love his music but I must admit I wouldn't listen to it for decades and only recently have I put it on my iPhone.

Although I'm no one to talk. I look like like someone's grandfather too. But I'm not.

His Tea for the Tillerman album was simply outstanding. One of the best pop albums in an era filled with great ones.

Funny you should mention that, Florida. That tune was big back in the early '70s when I was working in . . . Florida.

Doc, here's an interesting but apocryphal story from the late '80s. After Natalie Merchant and her group 10,000 Maniacs did a cover of Stevens' Peace Train, she heard that the Catman had agreed with Rushdie's death "sentence." She then attempted tp pull all the CDs with that song on it (In My Tribe) from distribution to show her disgust with his statement. Not sure if she succeeded on that one. If she did then I own a collector's item.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT