ADVERTISEMENT

New coach Bill O'Boyle's offensive line a work in progress

mshelton33

Jun 16, 2021
Hellacious resume and recent past two gigs alone show how well he's respected.

When Coach Anderson arrived, some thought NU would build a strong OL tradition. In spite of recruiting a few stars, it never happened. In his defense, it can't be easy recruiting OL for a HC that runs the most cautious O in the conference. But now that Coach Lujan is here, that caution &^$# is gone at last. Here's wishing Coach O'Boyle great success and the ability to recruit like St. Gary.

NU fans gotta like that Braun and O'Boyle go way back. The building of the coaching staff resembles getting the band back together again a little.

One of Coach Anderson's greatest quotes was something like, "Well, you take a look at your OL and that'll tell you just about how good your football team is."

Hellacious resume and recent past two gigs alone show how well he's respected.

When Coach Anderson arrived, some thought NU would build a strong OL tradition. In spite of recruiting a few stars, it never happened. In his defense, it can't be easy recruiting OL for a HC that runs the most cautious O in the conference. But now that Coach Lujan is here, that caution &^$# is gone at last. Here's wishing Coach O'Boyle great success and the ability to recruit like St. Gary.

NU fans gotta like that Braun and O'Boyle go way back. The building of the coaching staff resembles getting the band back together again a little.

One of Coach Anderson's greatest quotes was something like, "Well, you take a look at your OL and that'll tell you just about how good your football team is."
OL has hands down been the worst unit of the team for close to 10 years. I’m hopeful the new guy can turn it around but I’ll believe it when I see it.

OL has hands down been the worst unit of the team for close to 10 years. I’m hopeful the new guy can turn it around but I’ll believe it when I see it.
WR has been worse. At least we've had a couple of top, future pro bowl type players on the OL.

WR has been worse. At least we've had a couple of top, future pro bowl type players on the OL.
We can agree to disagree. I would say the talent level at OL has been higher than WR with way worse production

At the same time, tougher to recruit at WR considering the boring scheme/O-philosophy, hence Wisky and Iowa also having struggles at that position.

Meanwhile, our philosophy was suited to getting good O-line play, but it never really came to fruition, whereas Wisky and Iowa regularly trotted out better O-lines.

Reactions: drewjin
Bill O'Boyle LOOKS like a good coach.
He doesn’t look like a good coach.

He IS a ****ing good coach.

You guys need to understand: Braun is not ****ing around like Fitz did after 2018.

Our program is in good hands.

So is the message board.

To paraphrase Pat Tillman, I’ll be done here soon. 😉

Reactions: Figrating
He doesn’t look like a good coach.

He IS a ****ing good coach.

You guys need to understand: Braun is not ****ing around like Fitz did after 2018.

Our program is in good hands.

So is the message board.

To paraphrase Pat Tillman, I’ll be done here soon. 😉
No, he also looks like a good coach, besides being one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT