ADVERTISEMENT

New offer, announcement coming this Friday? Hmmm...

Consensus seems to be that Bowser will be our next commit and first and only RB in this class.
I like his size, and from the HUDL tape (soph. year), he looks to have great vision, good speed, and some shifty moves. He also used a number of straight-arms to advantage and does not go down easily. Amazing to me that he is unranked and has no other major conference offers.

I like his size, and from the HUDL tape (soph. year), he looks to have great vision, good speed, and some shifty moves. He also used a number of straight-arms to advantage and does not go down easily. Amazing to me that he is unranked and has no other major conference offers.

He's got junior tape on Hudl as well...

6-0 204 at a Nike combine in April.

4.60 40, 37.1" vertical, 3.97 short shuttle. The vertical and shuttle are outstanding for a kid that size.

I really do not understand the scoring. However, I saw in an article elsewhere that his overall score was the fifth highest of any player at any position at that Nike event that you quote.

I really do not understand the scoring. However, I saw in an article elsewhere that his overall score was the fifth highest of any player at any position at that Nike event that you quote.

It's a strange Nike formula... I tend to focus more on the "traditional" tests that are components in the calculation.

I think the 4.6 forty time--which is consistent--with what you see on tape, relegates him to "second tier" status among the power schools looking at RBs. If he ran a 4.4, power schools would be all over him because he has very good size and good feet.

He's probably no slower than JJTBC in a straight-line race. He's considerably heavier, and has good feet, and has good acceleration. The shuttle time and vertical jump attest to this also. He doesn't have JJTBC's supernatural feet and cutting ability (no one does), but this kid looks like he could be quite effective between the tackles, cutting into a seam, bursting past a LB and reaching the secondary. He just won't outrun any B1G DBs or better LBs in an open field, but that's OK.

Is this the guy that Lou predicted would commit on Father's Day or what? Could we have two commits coming soon? This inquiring NU fan wants to know!

Is this the guy that Lou predicted would commit on Father's Day or what? Could we have two commits coming soon? This inquiring NU fan wants to know!

Different guy per Lou's post on the Rock.

Who- me? Of course! I just want my money's worth. Oh, by the way...does anybody know whatever happened to that optimistic jolly fellow that went by the name of Wrestlerneverdiesacatfan? Did he take a hiatus from WR? Is he OK? Wrassler...are you still there? I miss seeing his posts. He brought a humanistic and fun feeling to the WR!

Who- me? Of course! I just want my money's worth. Oh, by the way...does anybody know whatever happened to that optimistic jolly fellow that went by the name of Wrestlerneverdiesacatfan? Did he take a hiatus from WR? Is he OK? Wrassler...are you still there? I miss seeing his posts. He brought a humanistic and fun feeling to the WR!

I believe his point is "what's discussed on the Rock - stays on the Rock". We don't want to share anything with the cheapskates on the free board (i.e. Fitzphile, NJCat).

Thanks.

There was a STH event last night at the baseball stadium (A nice event, by the way). Someone from the coaching staff gave some thoughts on the roster, recruiting, etc. There wasn't anything too exciting for regular readers of WR. He did say there are 3 scholarships left for this class and he expected a RB to commit very soon.

Consensus seems to be that Bowser will be our next commit and first and only RB in this class.
Does anybody else remember Sha Na Na and its relevance to this topic? Actually, Bowser is what Ditka would call a good "Grabowski" name - made for a real football player.

Reactions: Hungry Jack
I believe his point is "what's discussed on the Rock - stays on the Rock". We don't want to share anything with the cheapskates on the free board (i.e. Fitzphile, NJCat).

Thanks.
And me. I go out of my way to avoid paid content. When I reach the ten free articles on the NYT website, i dont read it anymore until it refreshes

There was a STH event last night at the baseball stadium (A nice event, by the way). Someone from the coaching staff gave some thoughts on the roster, recruiting, etc. There wasn't anything too exciting for regular readers of WR. He did say there are 3 scholarships left for this class and he expected a RB to commit very soon.
That was Chris Bowers and I thought I heard him say he expected a defensive commitment as well. Bowers directs the recruiting, I believe.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
And me. I go out of my way to avoid paid content. When I reach the ten free articles on the NYT website, i dont read it anymore until it refreshes

There are ways of getting that 11th (and more) NYT articles for free.

There are ways of getting that 11th (and more) NYT articles for free.
Glades, Who cares. It's an atrocious newspaper, which deserves the Pulitzer Prize for Fiction. Getting some of their stuff free is not much of an accomplishment. (How are you by the way. Any trips planned for Pa. this year?)

Too late, No Chores. I just paid for a year's subscription to the "failing NY Times".

Too late, No Chores. I just paid for a year's subscription to the "failing NY Times".

I get both the failing NY Times and The Wall Street Journal. The truth lies somewheres in between. Probably with The Economist which I also subscribe to.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT