ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Combine Results

nycat33

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2014
After Day 4:
Justin Jackson 6'0, 193 lbs. 30 5/8 Arms and Hands at 9 1/4.
13 reps of 225 on the bench press.
40: 4.50 (6th for rbs)
Vertical: 38.5 (4th highest for rbs)
Broad Jump 122" (5th highest for rbs)
3 Cone drill:6.81 (2nd)
20 yard shuttle: 4.07 (1st)
60 yard shuttle: 11.06 (1st for rbs)

Godwin Igwebuike
6'0, 205.
19 reps of 225 on the bench press (8th for dbs)
40: 4.44 (5th for safeties)
Vertical: 35.5 (10th for safeties)
Broad Jump 128" (5h for safeties)
3 Cone drill:6.56 (1st for safeties)
20 yard shuttle: 4.12 (2nd for safeties)
60 yard shuttle: 10.81 (1st for safeties)

Last edited:
After Day 1:
Godwin Igwebuike 6'0, 205.

Saquan Barkley put up 29 reps on the bench!!!

Seems like Godwin slimmed down a touch. Probably a good move, as testing well will be critical for him.

That's a great time for JJ. Hell* yeah. Shocked his come drill wasn't better in group.

Barkley's vert holy cow LOL

Watching the combine, I was impressed by how much time was given to gushing over Saquon and how little given to JJ. I guess it is starting at the bottom again and having to prove himself. But he only needs to get his foot in the door and given a chance. The announcers were questioning whether he would be a return man at the next level. It's the unmeasurable which really make things happen, assuming the talent is there to begin with.

Last edited:
After Day 2:
40: 4.50
3 Cone drill:6.81
20 yard shuttle: 4.07
60 yard shuttle: 11.06

Godwin Igwebuike
6'0, 205.

Saquan Barkley put up 29 reps on the bench!!!
I may be wrong on this, but it looked like his 20 yard shuttle time tied for best of all of the running backs and his 60 yard shuttle was the best (although not everyone ran it).

Reactions: Hungry Jack
I may be wrong on this, but it looked like his 20 yard shuttle time tied for best of all of the running backs and his 60 yard shuttle was the best (although not everyone ran it).

Yes he was top 5 in everything except his bench which was near the bottom

He had a GREAT combine
THIS is a great combine!!! Dang!!!

maxresdefault.jpg

Lots of excellent stats back up his list of impressive college records. His stock should be going up.

Reactions: BattleCat43
I'm curious about the importance of the benchpress for football. When I was in college, bodybuilding was a huge fad that I got caught up in. I'm not a big guy but at 5'9" and 145 lbs I could bench 250 (once). I certainly had no strength that would translate into football. The shuttle times and other measures they use at the combine make sense to me but bench press doesn't seem that important except maybe for a lineman who is pushing off another man.
Any opinions?

I'm curious about the importance of the benchpress for football. When I was in college, bodybuilding was a huge fad that I got caught up in. I'm not a big guy but at 5'9" and 145 lbs I could bench 250 (once). I certainly had no strength that would translate into football. The shuttle times and other measures they use at the combine make sense to me but bench press doesn't seem that important except maybe for a lineman who is pushing off another man.
Any opinions?
Blocking and getting off blockers, beyond that doesn't seem that useful. Numerous combine tests I feel that way about. Why are lineman running the 40?

Blocking and getting off blockers, beyond that doesn't seem that useful. Numerous combine tests I feel that way about. Why are lineman running the 40?

Because they also take 10- and 20-yard splits, which are a great measure of short-area athletic “suddenness.”

The bench press for skill players is more about a baseline of strength and, at least in many scouts’ minds, dedication in the weight room.

It shouldn't be any surprise to anyone who watched JJ the past four years that he did well in the cone and shuttle drills. Agility is definitely his strong suit.

Reactions: nycat33
Because they also take 10- and 20-yard splits, which are a great measure of short-area athletic “suddenness.”

The bench press for skill players is more about a baseline of strength and, at least in many scouts’ minds, dedication in the weight room.
That makes sense. The dedication to the weight room that is.

They should have a combine test for pulling a weight away from a player in addition to the bench press which measures pushing away. JJ would definitely win that test. Fumbles once a blue moon.

They should have a combine test for pulling a weight away from a player in addition to the bench press which measures pushing away. JJ would definitely win that test. Fumbles once a blue moon.
I would think that is a statistic they would notice from his career. Tons of carries in traffic.

His touch to fumble ratio is nuts. Seven fumbles, four lost, in 1264 total plays from scrimmage. One bad year, his soph, where he lost 4 of 6.

4.45 on Godwin's first attempt. If he can replicate that on his second run, he will make himself a LOT of money. Speed is/was the main question mark for him.

EDIT: 4.47 on his second run. That'll do.

Last edited:
Reactions: ricko654321
4.45 on Godwin's first attempt. If he can replicate that on his second run, he will make himself a LOT of money. Speed is/was the main question mark for him.

EDIT: 4.47 on his second run. That'll do.

If you had to make a guess, what were you expecting him to run? Do you think his 40 times are better than others expect them to be?

Looks like maybe he sslimmed down about 10 pounds before the combine, maybe that was a factor?

Looks like maybe he sslimmed down about 10 pounds before the combine, maybe that was a factor?
It makes sense to me that an NU player, knowing what is coming and intelligent and dedicated enough to prepare, would prep for this once in a life time game called the combine. Our guys are smart and dedicated.

On NFL.com I thought this was interesting about Godwin,"I wanted to see more from him this year. I don't know that he's really improved much over the years. I think he'll test well, but I just think he's very average when he has to cover." -- NFC team Midwest scout

After Day 4:
40: 4.50 (6th for rbs)
3 Cone drill:6.81 (2nd)
20 yard shuttle: 4.07 (1st)
60 yard shuttle: 11.06 (1st for rbs)

Godwin Igwebuike
6'0, 205.
19 reps of 225 on the bench press (8th for dbs)
40: 4.44 (5th for safeties)
Vertical: 35.5
Broad Jump 128"
3 Cone drill:6.56
20 yard shuttle: 4.12
60 yard shuttle: 10.81
Great stats for both guys!

On NFL.com I thought this was interesting about Godwin,"I wanted to see more from him this year. I don't know that he's really improved much over the years. I think he'll test well, but I just think he's very average when he has to cover." -- NFC team Midwest scout
I thought Queiro had a much better season and hope he tests well at NU's pro day. Would like to see him get an NFL shot.

Reactions: DaCat
That is interesting. But honestly I don't think it's entirely unfair. Perhaps it's tough given he played at such a high level when he first came in, but I would generally agree that he wasn't one of our most improved players over the years. He is a tremendous athlete and was consistently a plus contributor, but he didn't necessarily take the next step from being very good to being dominant IMO.

Reactions: nycat33 and DaCat
I thought Queiro had a much better season and hope he tests well at NU's pro day. Would like to see him get an NFL shot.
KQ has been a great playmaker during his time at NU. His intangibles are off the charts, and hope he gets a chance at the next level.

KQ has been a great playmaker during his time at NU. His intangibles are off the charts, and hope he gets a chance at the next level.
I think he should test pretty well. He's a good athlete--probably better than many recognize. You don't make that many plays without some serious athleticism. He reminds a bit of the Honey Badger, albeit a much bigger one. Just makes plays.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT