ADVERTISEMENT

No surprise: NU lands RB Isaiah Bowser

bowser.jpg

Oops, wrong Bowzer.

The more I hear about this guy the more I like him. Great size and very versatile. He was recruited as a LB or Safety originally by many schools. Played both ways last season which makes me wonder if he would have better film if he were a little rested.

Hi versatility gives NU more opportunity to take best man available with their last spot in this class.

There is more discussion of him on the Rock so I wanted to bump his thread to the top.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
The more I hear about this guy the more I like him. Great size and very versatile. He was recruited as a LB or Safety originally by many schools. Played both ways last season which makes me wonder if he would have better film if he were a little rested.

Hi versatility gives NU more opportunity to take best man available with their last spot in this class.

There is more discussion of him on the Rock so I wanted to bump his thread to the top.
Are we sure that there is just one schlorship left for this class?

Are we sure that there is just one schlorship left for this class?[/QUOTE]

The first couple of times this spelling appeared I assumed it was just a typo in haste, but it's continued. The word is "scholarship," however.

(I know this probably places me in the classes of pedants, nerds or grammar police.)

The first couple of times this spelling appeared I assumed it was just a typo in haste, but it's continued. The word is "scholarship," however.

(I know this probably places me in the classes of pedants, nerds or grammar police.)[/QUOTE]

HA HA HA
That is the reason I said last spot in the class instead of Scholarship. I don't trust my own spelling. If you're telling me I had it right, you can do that all day long. Did you notice my correct use of the contraction for "you are"? Please say, "Yes.":)

A schlorship is an ancient sailing vessel that was used by the primitive tribal people known as the Schlor. Although difficult to manage, if used correctly it could navigate from land mass to land mass. This completed voyage came to be known as "a full ride."

A schlorship is an ancient sailing vessel that was used by the primitive tribal people known as the Schlor. Although difficult to manage, if used correctly it could navigate from land mass to land mass. This completed voyage came to be known as "a full ride."
PJ Fleck probably has one of those. He likes boats, and likes to motorboat.

Uber,
That is the worst, drawn out and Uber explained pun ever created. I can't decide if you should be ashamed at how contrived it is or proud because puns are best when they are painful to the hearer. That was like caulk on the chalk board.:eek:

Reactions: ubercat

(I know this probably places me in the classes of pedants, nerds or grammar police.)

HA HA HA
That is the reason I said last spot in the class instead of Scholarship. I don't trust my own spelling. If you're telling me I had it right, you can do that all day long. Did you notice my correct use of the contraction for "you are"? Please say, "Yes.":)
[/QUOTE]

No, it was dear Willycat -- whom I enjoy and respect -- who consistently has trouble with the S word. And yes, of course you're right with "you're." I have students, however, who seem to use your, you're and even yore interchangeably! My wife assures me that in a few short decades the distinctions will disappear from our language. If she's right I'll be pleased not to be around to see it.

She quotes Andrew Jackson (though I've never identified where he said it) as observing that "It takes a pretty poor imagination to think of only one way to spell a word."

Reactions: ubercat

HA HA HA

No, it was dear Willycat -- whom I enjoy and respect -- who consistently has trouble with the S word. And yes, of course you're right with "you're." I have students, however, who seem to use your, you're and even yore interchangeably! My wife assures me that in a few short decades the distinctions will disappear from our language. If she's right I'll be pleased not to be around to see it.

She quotes Andrew Jackson (though I've never identified where he said it) as observing that "It takes a pretty poor imagination to think of only one way to spell a word."[/QUOTE]

Uber,
That is the worst, drawn out and Uber explained pun ever created. I can't decide if you should be ashamed at how contrived it is or proud because puns are best when they are painful to the hearer. That was like caulk on the chalk board.:eek:

Thank you. Caulk on anything is a source of pain.

I think the reference might have originally been inspired by Peabody's Improbable History.

(I know this probably places me in the classes of pedants, nerds or grammar police.)[/QUOTE]
Or an A-hole.

I have had the good fortune to tailgate with WildcatWillie over the years, when he makes it up to Evanston. He is a wise and gracious man. Your characterization is way off base.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT