ADVERTISEMENT

Northwestern is the #1 seed in the NCAA WLAX tournament

Okay, we won the draw control and called a timeout.

Given the way BC has outplayed us this half, we're fortunate that we at least have an opportunity to tie it up at the end.

giphy.gif

Darn.
Two great saves by BC’s keeper.

I was shocked that Izzy gave up the rock when she got it with five seconds left.

Invariably, I enjoy the 20 or so minutes of Wildcat lacrosse I watch every spring.

Last edited:
I thought they didn't press the advantage enough in the second quarter. Kept passing out of free positions instead of shooting.

They passed out of those free position attempts b/c they were woman-up and had the power play advantage. Easier to score on power play.

Easier than taking an unimpeded shot eight feet from the net?
Agree, but unless I remember incorrectly, none of those led to goals. Some were from a bad angle, but at least one was straight on. Also, if you miss, you often maintain possession.

It was a great game. The first save with 30 seconds left was luck (ball hit her foot after goalie had been faked out of position) and the third chance with the pass to a wide open player by the net was dropped by player. 19 of 20 times one of those three goes in. Credit BC for coming back. Classic game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT