ADVERTISEMENT

Northwestern job

RhabdoWildcat

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2009
Football at NU is the hardest job in the P5. Now keep in mind hardest does not equal most/least stressful (I'd argue normally we're one of the least stressful).

Minimal attendance.
Minimal improvement in attendance even in good years (unless playing marquee opponent).
Difficult to improve fandom (elite school, small school, divide loyalties locally, pro town).
Exceedingly poor institutional support.
Highest academic standards.
Exceedingly low NIL program/contributions (despite J. Schmidts efforts).
Transfer portal where nobody gives a hoot about transferring to a good academic school (especially the good players).
Looming threat of being left behind once the power schools consolidate conferences (I think this will happen in the next 20 years).
Disinterested alumni and student body.
Bad weather.
High cost of living.
Historically poor program performance.
Making bowl game has no meaning anymore (so what are we even playing for).
No recruiting interest.

I think we're a worse job than Duke, Wake Forest, Stanford, Vanderbilt. No wonder (and luckily) we couldn't hire anyone else or garner interest with anyone else.

Also a big FU to Wilbon who said "there is major interest from big name coaches" when Fitz was fired. He's a dinosaur that is now doing more damage to the Northwestern program than good. Same goes to the disinterested BoT who should all lose their nepo baby position.

Sorry just the pessimist in me venting today.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News