ADVERTISEMENT

NU - a "sub-par talent team" per this Utah OP...

LOL. That’s what people do when they have no ability to actually evaluate what happens on the field. They resort to drawing conclusions based on star rankings, heights and weights.

Until we start beating the top teams, this is what is always going to happen until we start landing stud guys that a bunch of top teams want.

If we had beaten UM and ND and OSU this year, the storyline would have changed and it would be how Fitz and Co have a Rasputin-like eye for actual talent.

We need to beat the top teams with the guys we go after and until we do, this story will never go away.

Until we start beating the top teams, this is what is always going to happen until we start landing stud guys that a bunch of top teams want.

If we had beaten UM and ND and OSU this year, the storyline would have changed and it would be how Fitz and Co have a Rasputin-like eye for actual talent.

We need to beat the top teams with the guys we go after and until we do, this story will never go away.

The point is We are not playing any of the elite programs. Who the hell has Utah beaten to make their fans feel their program is superior to ours?

The point is We are not playing any of the elite programs. Who the hell has Utah beaten to make their fans feel their program is superior to ours?

We played 3 and lost to all 3. We need to win with our chosen guys or else the story will alway be that we don’t land the talent to beat the bigs, and then we’ll start launching into excuses about admission requirements and graduation rates and keep justifying our position in the football world as an “admirable also-ran” ... and the cycle will continue.

Or, we can up our game and recruit and win the top guys.

Last edited:
We played 3 and lost to all 3. We need to win with our chosen guys or else the story will alway be that we don’t land the talent to beat the bigs, and then we’ll start launching into excuses about admission requirements as graduation rates and keep justifying our position in the football world as an “admirable also-ran” ... and the cycle will continue.

Or, we can up our game and recruit and win the top guys and commit the same sort of resources to graduating them than we contributed to the facilities we tout to land them.

Maybe you don’t get it. The whole point of this thread was to respond to a critical and condescending post from a Utah poster. They have nothing to feel superior about.

If you want to make another of your typical asinine posts about how NU is mediocre, then feel free but it has nothing to do with what was being discussed in this thread.

Maybe you don’t get it. The whole point of this thread was to respond to a critical and condescending post from a Utah poster. They have nothing to feel superior about.

If you want to make another of your typical asinine posts about how NU is mediocre, then feel free but it has nothing to do with what was being discussed in this thread.

The topic of the thread was the perception of NU in the eyes of other teams like Utah. They think we have no talent.

I suggest that the only way to change that perception is to win against top teams. You apparently disagree and think the way to change perceptions is to try shout down the messengers of the obvious.

So instead of getting into another silly fight on these boards that does nothing but create animus, please tell me this: how do you suggest we change that perception, rather than winning on the field against the top teams? It must be something else. Otherwise, I’m struggling to see what you actually disagree with me on when it comes to this topic.

The topic of the thread was the perception of NU in the eyes of other teams like Utah. They think we have no talent.

I suggest that the only way to change that perception is to win against top teams. You apparently disagree and think the way to change perceptions is to try shout down the messengers of the obvious.

So instead of getting into another silly fight on these boards that does nothing but create animus, please tell me this: how do you suggest we change that perception, rather than winning on the field against the top teams? It must be something else. Otherwise, I’m struggling to see what you actually disagree with me on when it comes to this topic.

Your cynical, trolling defeatism gets old, no matter what board name you post with.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
Can we start an argument about board rules? That might be more interesting

Edit: or multiple board names

Your cynical, trolling defeatism gets old, no matter what board name you post with.

Defeatism? You must be joking. Yes, I almost lost my mind over the Nebraska game. And I’ve taken my lumps over it ever since.

But I think we’re right on the verge of greatness with our facilities and our West title and new QB etc. No defeatism here. None at all.

Really, how did you come to that conclusion based on the posts that preceded yours?

Really, how did you come to that conclusion based on the posts that preceded yours?

Apparently, some Utah fan was saying we have no talent based on star rating and measureables (I didn’t watch the video).

I disagee. We have lots of talent.

I understand the perception, though. It’s a constant topic of discussion among NU fans.

I’m just saying that the best way to show them our talent is to win against the top teams. Is this controversial?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT