ADVERTISEMENT

NU announced no tear on BMac knee

Boy, is that a relief. It looked awful. Really happy Mac doesn't go out that way. He deserves better.

So thankful for Mac. That injury looked like a season-ender on video, which goes to show that fans should be fans and let doctors be doctors ... now just have to win a couple of winnable ones this week.

It took the last 24 hours for me to realize how durable Mac has been. The young man has gone toe to toe with the biggest, toughest basketball players in the country every game for more than three years and I think it's only been illness that's kept him from a game or two (and maybe I'm wrong about that).

B Mac has been an incredible gift to this program.

I admit that I'm thrilled for this news as a fan, but given what I know of him from a distance, I'm happiest for him - it would have devastated him to have to finish his career this way.
Great perspective. Glad that he isn't done, been a great player and deserves to finish his career on the floor the rest of this season.

Excellent news! Would have been a shame to have it end like that.

Great news. Ash needs a solid and dependable backup! Just kidding. I'm a Mac fan and propose a strong two guard backcourt of Mac and Ash for 30 minutes each per game. Brown gets 20! Worked against Illinois, second half of Oklahoma and Brown games.

Reactions: mickbula
Great news. Ash needs a solid and dependable backup! Just kidding. I'm a Mac fan and propose a strong two guard backcourt of Mac and Ash for 30 minutes each per game. Brown gets 20! Worked against Illinois, second half of Oklahoma and Brown games.
I agree with you Wrassler! But the only problem is: how will we contain the big, burly, athletic guard-forward hybrids that rule the BIG? I wish we would have had Ash in there more in our demeaning losses like the GTech etc.. But we need a bigger lineup when facing the bruisers of our conference? Although it is something you might recommend to CC! We seemed to play really well with that improvised lineup vs. the Illini! I was at the game and it was really special to see our bench like Brown win the game for us in the closing minutes/overtime! That was one of the best games I have ever seen the Cats play!!

I agree with you Wrassler! But the only problem is: how will we contain the big, burly, athletic guard-forward hybrids that rule the BIG? I wish we would have had Ash in there more in our demeaning losses like the GTech etc.. But we need a bigger lineup when facing the bruisers of our conference? Although it is something you might recommend to CC! We seemed to play really well with that improvised lineup vs. the Illini! I was at the game and it was really special to see our bench like Brown win the game for us in the closing minutes/overtime! That was one of the best games I have ever seen the Cats play!!
I am all for six eight guards, but guess what? Those speedy guards like Illinois and Brown had will cruise right past em! That’s why Gaines is playing much more than Falzon right now. Brown from NU is quick and playing better defense so we need him. I may be wrong, but I think u need to fast guards out there at all times. Just my opinion. Look at how Brown was beating us! Setting screens and picks all day long with shorter guys. We were getting beat until our defense started clicking with Ash and Gaines.

Reactions: mickbula
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT