ADVERTISEMENT

NU back in Mass. to recruit 4-star OL Zak Zinter

Would be an OL recruit the likes of which NU hasn't gotten in years. Would be a huge win and would be an early sign of Anderson's impact. Here's hoping.

Reactions: IGNORE
Maybe the next Patrick Ward?? Is Zinter as talented academically?? I hope so!

I miss Ward. One area of the field you never had to worry about was the area around Ward. Ask Venric.

Must get this guy to Evanston to see the Taj and the lake-view practice field.

I miss Ward. One area of the field you never had to worry about was the area around Ward. Ask Venric.

He’s been to campus already for an overnight stay. Big question is whether he will be back in the Spring or Summer before making a decision. Has said he’s planning on it. But you never know for sure with big time recruits like ZZ.

GOUNUII

Many people keep saying that this is the year to land some big time recruits that have offers from the premier schools. It'll be interesting to see if that comes to pass.

He’s already visited.

Denny’s Fighting Irish writer put a NU crystal ball up for him this morning, FWIW.

Hopefully it’s worth a lot!

I’ve always thought that given Fitz’s policy about committing, if you are a recruit, and you are ready to hop aboard the Purple Express, it’s in your best interest not to wait. It locks in your spot (regardless of any injury/poor performance/late riser), and also applies a bit of pressure to the other offers at your position to act on their NU offer, too. It would be awesome to see Skoronski commit and then have one of Persi/ZZ fall into place as well.

Reactions: mickbula
What exactly does this mean?? Do they offer admission if he plays for them?? They don't give football scholarships do they- or what?? We have more to offer in the form of sports scholarship- right??

Basically guaranteed admission. Scholarships are technically “need only,” but football players tend to find a lot of help.

Good piece Lou!

Minor typo in paragraph 12:

"Zinter grew up in the Port St. Lucie area of Florida and moved up to Massachusetts five years ago when his father’s ______ got transferred there. It’s easy to see why so many college coaches are making their way to New England to check out the 6-foot-6, 300-pounder, the No. 3 prospect in the state."

Last edited:
Zinter has scheduled an OV to TSISB for June 21st. Michigan, PSU and OSU also heavily involved. Hopefully we’ll be amongst his final five.

I think Mills will be there that same weekend. McGregor too. Well played by TSISB.

GOUNUII

I think Mills will be there that same weekend. McGregor too. Well played by TSISB.

GOUNUII

Mills & McGregor will both be at ND next weekend together, not June 21st.

There is a pretty good debate on the ND side over who is the better target, Zinter or Skoronski.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT