ADVERTISEMENT

NU lands commit No. 11, Toledo LB Peter McIntyre

Welcome to NU! Highlights impressive on both sides of the ball.

another homeboy for me! I'm originally from Toledo so him and Nate Hall, Iive in Balt so dread pirate Roberts, and Vault from nearby Gaithersburg, used to live in Bay area so WML. A regular family reunion when I am at games. Love having 'local' kids to follow

You all are killing it, we have like 4 commits. Congrats and leave a few for the rest of us.:p

Reactions: rmndcat
Y'all refuse to take any with less than 7 stars.

I want you to know I appreciate the "Y'all", makes me feel at home.
We have a 2* committed...

You guys are tearing it up with commits, do you always get out of the gate so fast?

I want you to know I appreciate the "Y'all", makes me feel at home.
We have a 2* committed...

You guys are tearing it up with commits, do you always get out of the gate so fast?
The y'all wasn't for you. I was born and raised in Alabama and live in Nashville. On the boards, I try to write the way I speak.

The y'all wasn't for you. I was born and raised in Alabama and live in Nashville. On the boards, I try to write the way I speak.

You could have let me believe that you were just being nice to me. No need to explain, the alabama part says it all.

I didn't see you addressing her as "Miss Della". Are you sure you're from the south, Mr. Glide?

For this Yankee, Southern salutations are kind of an adventure in manners. Putting a "Miss" in front of a first name is both strange and fun, and I find myself wondering if I'm doing it right.

I didn't see you addressing her as "Miss Della". Are you sure you're from the south, Mr. Glide?

For this Yankee, Southern salutations are kind of an adventure in manners. Putting a "Miss" in front of a first name is both strange and fun, and I find myself wondering if I'm doing it right.
Good point. Oddly, a lot women in the last few years have developed an aversion to having "Miss" put in front of their names even in the South. It is something that I was raised doing but will not do so until I know the person well. Calling someone by a name that is not of their preference is considered wildly rude. That is why I never had much problem with large parts of political correctness. It was just a larger scale application of the same rule.

You could have let me believe that you were just being nice to me. No need to explain, the alabama part says it all.
For the record, all of the male members of my family go to Auburn and have for generations. I got a Navy scholarship so had more options. I guarantee my hatred of Alabama football is far more deep-seated than yours. Mine is not shared with Florida or anyone else. If Auburn loses to Alabama, they don't return to different states, you hear it from your next door neighbor all year. They burn the score into your lawn and then sulfur it.

For the record, all of the male members of my family go to Auburn and have for generations. I got a Navy scholarship so had more options. I guarantee my hatred of Alabama football is far more deep-seated than yours. Mine is not shared with Florida or anyone else. If Auburn loses to Alabama, they don't return to different states, you hear it from your next door neighbor all year. They burn the score into your lawn and then sulfur it.

Roundup is your friend.

I have a friend who is an administrator at Auburn and my wife and I just had a tour of the campus a few weeks ago. Beautiful campus and the cleanest campus I have ever been on. There is a huge housing boom in Auburn as retired alumni are building and retiring in the area in epic proportions.

He said he was from alabama. Decorum sometimes takes a back seat down there.

I have a friend who is an administrator at Auburn and my wife and I just had a tour of the campus a few weeks ago. Beautiful campus and the cleanest campus I have ever been on. There is a huge housing boom in Auburn as retired alumni are building and retiring in the area in epic proportions.
My son thought about going to Auburn but the fact that he was 4th generation did not change their opinion that out-of-state tuition was appropriate. And - in terms of said tuition - they are amazingly proud of their school. Luckily, his first choice was Mississippi State and they offered him a scholarship which took some of the sting out of the tuition payments.

Yes.

If you prefer "Miss Della" as a salutation, I will be glad to address you in that manner.

As you said earlier, I prefer you speak as you normally do.

However, this thread is about NU's 11th commit and not about me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT