ADVERTISEMENT

NU looks to 'stop the bleeding' tonight vs. depleted Minnesota

After two straight losses, Northwestern says they will play with "a sense of urgency" tonight against Minnesota.

Cats look to 'stop the bleeding' against depleted Minnesota
I have no idea what is wrong with this team, but something obviously is wrong. Various individuals are not playing as well as they have previously and the team as a whole seems completely out of synch and overmatched. Frankly, I doubt anyone really cares much about the rest of the season being played in a rented barn in the middle of nowhere. Too bad - so many of us had high hopes for these seniors to build on last year's performance and graduate as heroes.

More people than you might think, myself among them. Although I'm not a fan of Allstate Arena, it's just down the road from me, in the middle of nowhere, apparently.
Think it's also pretty close to one of the world's busiest airports, in the middle of nowhere. can you still hear the planes as they pass over ASA?

I think Northwestern will come out with the fire that they have been lacking all year. They are going to make a statement tonight that they are still a good team!

They’ve had a good week of practice. Let’s see if that carries over to tonight.

Last edited:
Reactions: ricko654321
They’ve had a good week of practice. Let’s see if that carries over to tonight.

Not that I want them to have a bad week of practice, but since we often hear before a game that a team has had a good week of practice...

Just once I'd like to know ahead of time if one of my teams has had a shitty week of practice. "Well, frankly we've been very lackadaisical and if practice is prologue we may just suck tonight." Would greatly help manage expectations.

Allstate’s location is actually better for me personally, but the facility is terrible and it can’t be good for getting students. Also, always feel vacant with al the empty 2nd tier seats. Very echoey.

Really nice game by the Cats tonight, and it all starts with Mac.

Not that I want them to have a bad week of practice, but since we often hear before a game that a team has had a good week of practice...

Just once I'd like to know ahead of time if one of my teams has had a shitty week of practice. "Well, frankly we've been very lackadaisical and if practice is prologue we may just suck tonight." Would greatly help manage expectations.

Looks like they really did have a good week of practice.

Allstate’s location is actually better for me personally, but the facility is terrible and it can’t be good for getting students. Also, always feel vacant with al the empty 2nd tier seats. Very echoey.
Wonder if there was ever any thought of playing at UIC?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT