ADVERTISEMENT

NU-Nebraska first-half thread and BMac update

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
BMac will be in street clothes tonight, but he did shoot around some before the game tonight. A source told me that he will be back next week for sure, and possibly as early as Friday. So that's good news.

Nebraska comes into this game 10-5 and 1-1 Big Ten. Their notable win is over Minnesota. They also gave Kansas hell before losing 73-72. NU has one common opponent with Nebraska: Creighton. The Jays beat NU by four and Nebraska by 10.

The Huskers have four players who average double-figures: James Palmer Jr. (15.1 ppg), Isaac Copeland (12.1), Glynn Watson Jr. (12.0) and Anton Gill (10.6). Palmer Jr. (from Miami) and Copeland (Georgetown) are transfers who have had a big impact this season. Watson is the former teammate of NU's Jordan Ash at St. Joseph's. With BMac out, they will be matched up with each other more than expected.

By the way, Brad Hall is in the house tonight. Didn't see JLD.

Unfortunately, Charlie Hall is in dress clothes tonight.

Ash doing ok so far. He provides an athleticism on D and on the boards that Mac doesn't have. Also forces other guys to be more assertive on offense. Maybe there will be a silver lining to this injury - as long as Mac comes back soon.

NU is 2-12 early. The Cats have five offensive boards and have gotten five more shots, but they're not falling.

NU has Law guarding the 6-0 PG Watson.

Lindsay a total noshow so far. Pardon keeps turning the ball over (although great defense!). Hard to score when your studs won't show up offensively.

Uggh... Lindsey's shot looks ugly tonight. He just missed about everything on that last 3 point attempt.

I am at the game. This is the worst shooting I have seen.

We are playing 4 on 5 with Ash in the game.,We had an offense with Falzon and Brown in the game.

Reactions: Windy City Cat Fan
I am at the game. This is the worst shooting I have seen.

We are playing 4 on 5 with Ash in the game.,We had an offense with Falzon and Brown in the game.
It ain't just Ash. Linsdey can't hit the broad side of a barn. Skelley is clanking shots. Just ugly basketball. I don't recognize this team at all anymore.

You can see why Watson was the better recruit over Ash.

Chris will play defense over offense. You need to have some offense. Brown in the game now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT