ADVERTISEMENT

Barnhizer - Primary Ballhandler

PURPLE Book Cat

Gold Member
Sep 3, 2007
In that Brian James interview from the other thread, at about 25:35 he mentioned that Brooks Barnhizer will be the primary ballhandler this year. Not necessarily something that I would have expected. That's a pretty big revelation I think.

Not terribly surprising, imho. Outside of Boo, Brooks probably brought the ball up the court the most last season. Perhaps surprising only in that we don't really think of Brooks as a guard because of his strength inside, but as far as dependability and experience in ball-handling, this is somewhat predictable.

Reactions: drewjin
Not terribly surprising, imho. Outside of Boo, Brooks probably brought the ball up the court the most last season. Perhaps surprising only in that we don't really think of Brooks as a guard because of his strength inside, but as far as dependability and experience in ball-handling, this is somewhat predictable.
Remember, Brooks was a "lead guard" in HS. Since he'll usually be guarded by a 3 or a 4, he should be able to get the ball up the court without a problem.

We (somewhat briefly) saw Clayton as ball handler when Buie was not on the floor.

When Clayton showed he was a liability, BB was the main alternative though Borg also did it a lot. Berry struggled doing it.

In that Brian James interview from the other thread, at about 25:35 he mentioned that Brooks Barnhizer will be the primary ballhandler this year. Not necessarily something that I would have expected. That's a pretty big revelation I think.
I thought I heard Special Assistant James say Barnhizer would be "a primary ballhandler" after saying "Barnhizer will handle the ball more than he did last year." It wasn't definitive. They don't seem sure that Leach can run the offense (so far).

It sounds like a work in progress with a bunch of different pieces, but not necessarily a point guard.

I thought I heard Special Assistant James say Barnhizer would be "a primary ballhandler" after saying "Barnhizer will handle the ball more than he did last year." It wasn't definitive. They don't seem sure that Leach can run the offense (so far).

It sounds like a work in progress with a bunch of different pieces, but not necessarily a point guard.
Heard James also share conflicting view that Leach would be the primary ball handler. So who knows?

I expect BB to be the primary ball handler at the end of close games. Otherwise Leach or even Berry can run the offense.

I expect we'll see different guys bringing the ball up all season with a few offensive sets tailored for each of them.

No doubt the Cats will spend a decent chunk of early practices on a variety of press-breaking strategies.

Recall coach comments about Clayton and one of fresh - may be one of them

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT