ADVERTISEMENT

NU-OSU will be a "prime time" game

The folks in Madison have treated us far worse than those at Penn St. or OSU. My wife and I, together with another couple, walked in wearing purple and were sworn at repeatedly my fans who looked like they wanted to physically attack us - they were mean and angry. A group of fans threw beer at us as we headed to our seats, heads down, hitting my wife in her new purple cashmere coat. The jeering continued after every Badger score or Wildcat error until we left at halftime. My wife was in tears. There is no excuse for what we had to put up with. I found the Madison folks rude, insensitive, drunken boors. I may be giving them only what they want, but I am never going back. I actually enjoyed Happy Valley on game day, though the night before was interminable. Columbus, conversely, offered quite a bit of fun on Friday night, but left me pretty cold on Saturday. Perhaps I expected more from the horseshoe.
Yeah in my experience the Wiscy fans are drunk and obnoxious and swear a lot, but as long as you just roll your eyes at the language the ones I have met never really meant anything by it. I would take them over OSU and a small subset of the Iowa fans any day.

The only Northwestern road game I have seen was in Lincoln, and my Double Agent status caused me no trouble, but did receive a few confused looks.

Interestingly, the 'Cats are 2-0 in Lincoln games that I have attended (I was at a cousin's wedding on the Westerkatch game).

Stomp the Buck Eyes into the Shoe!
Next%20Big%2012%20Champs_zpsq91cjk2r.png

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT