ADVERTISEMENT

NU softball takes down SFU 7-2 in NCAA Regional game

Softballers humbled 14-2 by the Longhorns. Warm weather teams really hard to beat.

Softballers humbled 14-2 by the Longhorns. Warm weather teams really hard to beat.
'Cats overall hold their own against warm weather teams in softball (baseball is an entirely different story). The 'Cats don't really have an ace this season like they have in their best seasons. Going up against the #1 team is no easy ask.

There's another game coming up shortly. I hope they earn another shot at the 'Horns.

Reactions: No Chores
'Cats overall hold their own against warm weather teams in softball (baseball is an entirely different story). The 'Cats don't really have an ace this season like they have in their best seasons. Going up against the #1 team is no easy ask.

There's another game coming up shortly. I hope they earn another shot at the 'Horns.
Well, the 'Cats don't have an ace other than the Big Ten pitcher of the year I guess. ;)

Reactions: FeralFelidae
Is miller hurt? She hasn’t pitched at all today in either game.

Cats win elimination game 5-1. Go again against Texas at noon tomorrow. Something almost certainly is wrong with Miller as Grudzeilenak starts both games today, with Cunningham in next. Bad deal to lose your ace in the playoffs, especially in the bracket with the #1 tourney seed. Go Cats!

Cats have to win two against Texas tomorrow to advance to Sweet 16. 1st game at 1pm !

Miller seemed to hit the wall the last month of the season. Had trouble with her control. I think this was supposed to be a rebuilding season for Kate Drohan's Cats and yet look what they achieved. She has built a powerhouse in what has become a very visible sport (due to the BTN and ESPN coverage)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT