ADVERTISEMENT

NU vs Illinois second-half thread

They were all over us on defense, cutting off passing lanes and swarming all over McIntosh all game. Their defense is suffocating tonight.

Every defense has been suffocating the last 6-7 games except a 16-0 run at Bucky. It might be our offense,

Reactions: TheC
You don't want the truth, because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on this board. You need me on this board!
You're actually right. The reason I like you outside of these games is because you admit you're over the top during the games.

Reactions: TheC
With the exception of BMac, this team looks spent and lost. Collins should talk to Fitz about sleep strategies...

They were all over us on defense, cutting off passing lanes and swarming all over McIntosh all game. Their defense is suffocating tonight.
Need more schlorsip players. Need Vassar's schlorship. One less schlorship is hurting team. Adding 3 schlorship players next season will be big. More schorships make for more wins. 13 schlorships is better then 12.

You're actually right. The reason I like you outside of these games is because you admit you're over the top during the games.
Oh, I'm a terrible poster during game threads. But I'm too old to change now. I assumed people stopped reading my lunatic ravings years ago.

Cat's need 13 rather schlorship players rather then 12. The on-used Vassar schlorship is hurting this team. Playing with one less schlorship player hurts. That's next seasons added schlorship players will give NU more depth. -

We were horrible. Couldn't throw it in the ocean. Give credit to them if you want, but we had 2.5 guys going today.

I will. Illinois played a very intense brand of defense on us and wore us down in the second half. Perhaps 4 games in 10 days was a factor as well as our poor depth. McIntosh was harassed all night with jump switches and we committed all sorts of turnovers. Assists were down because we had difficulty passing the ball without giving up steals.

I will. Illinois played a very intense brand of defense on us and wore us down in the second half. Perhaps 4 games in 10 days was a factor as well as our poor depth. McIntosh was harassed all night with jump switches and we committed all sorts of turnovers. Assists were down because we had difficulty passing the ball without giving up steals.

I would go so far to say that that was the best defense I have seen against NU all year. They were forcing the team to take bad shots for 40 minutes. And you can get lucky taking bad shots for a while, but eventually you're going to end up getting your butt kicked if you can't adjust, especially when you factor in fatigue and foul trouble.

$450 to $100. I would still make that bet. As I mentioned, I would be very pleased to lose it.

I was honestly on the verge of taking it pending the Michigan game today, but they demolished Purdue. I don't think NU loses out, but I also think tonight is the best shot at not doing so, and I can't lay 4.5 to 1 on that scenario.

I was honestly on the verge of taking it pending the Michigan game today, but they demolished Purdue. I don't think NU loses out, but I also think tonight is the best shot at not doing so, and I can't lay 4.5 to 1 on that scenario.

I know. It's a tough one and I sure hope NU wins at least one of the remaining 4 (or hopefully more) but I wouldn't put much on it considering the teams we have left.

I actually think we have a far better shot of beating Michigan at home. Michigan has been dominant at home, but a completely different team on the road. Indiana, however, has been fairly good at home: most of their terrible games have been on the road.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT