ADVERTISEMENT

NU vs. Indiana second-half thread

uh-oh time. horrendous loss but nice comeback for a while in the second half. it sucks to be NU.

What a heart breaker. Free throws decided it - we missed one we shouldn't have and they made one they shouldn't have. WGN says losing Lumpkin fouling out hurt in the end.

First, they seem to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat, by turning a 10-pt half-time deficit into a 7-pt lead with a minute and a half remaining.
But then, they lose the 7-pt lead in 90 secs,and go on to lose by one.
Thereby, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, in the end.

Collins on WGN now. Says we did a lot of positive things and put ourselves in a position to win it. It is a tough loss, but we are going to keep fighting. Says losing Lumpkin hurt. Says he feels for the guys as they put in an effort worth winning.

Just didn't finish the game in the last minute - was disappointing.

Until they tell us we don't have any more games we are going to continue to fight.

Collins on WGN now. Says we did a lot of positive things and put ourselves in a position to win it. It is a tough loss, but we are going to keep fighting. Says losing Lumpkin hurt. Says he feels for the guys as they put in an effort worth winning.

Until they tell us we don't have any more games we are going to continue to fight.t

Heartfelt Aaaaaaargh. It makes me think of the DePaul game in the NIT in 1983. The basketball gods have hated us. Let us hope they decide to make it up in the future.

Until they tell us we don't have any more games we are going to continue to fight.

Lumpkin committed 2 fouls tonight. The rest were all crap. As was the and-one at the end. There was literally no contact at all. None.

I thought so. I don't think Lindsay touched Bryant at all. Phantom call.

They didn't get homered. The Cats were in the bonus well before IU was. Totally cheap excuse. The Cats choked, plain and simple AGAIN. Up 7 with 90 seconds left and losing in a massive game for the history of the program is a grade A choke job. I know I'm coming off as a dick, but that's the case here. I wish I wasn't so emotionally indebted to NU sports, because they're taking years off my freaking life

I agree it was a grade A choke job. I just don't believe the refs called it fair. Bryant got 2 3 point plays on non-existent fouls and pushed and shoved people out of the way all night and that's supposed to be a "point of emphasis". Apparently not with these refs.

I'm back from my self appointed banishment from the boards. Didn't want to shit talk the team on the internet. I'm sorry I yelled

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT