ADVERTISEMENT

NU vs ND

Very fun. Thanks for sharing.

Also - love the Cats uniforms. Hope we wear those more often on the road...

Reactions: rmndcat
November 2014, Northwestern limps into South Bend on a 4-game losing streak, sporting a 3-6 record to face 18th ranked Notre Damned. The rest is history. Enjoy the highlights:

Thanks for that. Just as exciting watching it this time around. I can’t wait for this Saturday.

Thanks for sharing. I was at the game and it was exciting to re-live it. A few thoughts:

- I think we had more 20+ yard plays in that game than we've had this season.
- Prater was unstoppable.
- I remember thinking it was over when ND scored to go up 40-29 with 6-7 minutes left. I left my seat to use the bathroom during what I assumed would be an ND extra point. I heard on the radio in the bathroom as ND failed a two-point conversation and wonder why on Earth they would go for two there. It's still an inexplicable decision.
- Considering our kicking issues this season, Jack Mitchell was so clutch that day.
- I've been going to games since 1991 and this game has to be in my top 3 for most exciting victory. It had everything, including the perfect setting (I hate ND, but seeing a game there is a special experience).

The ND fumble at the end was also a key turnover for us. They could've ran down the clock but we got the ball back. No way we were losing that night.

Reactions: rmndcat
I was at a casual dinner party and trying to watch over my shoulder. When it "got out of hand", I decided to turn it off and socialize. As dinner was ending, my phone started lighting up.

"Are you seeing this????" M Fan
"Holy sh*t! You guys could take them down again!" Bucky Fan

I calmly told my other half that I was going to turn the game back on - hosts be damned. I did so just in time to see OT. Good stuff.

Reactions: DaCat
I forgot, what was the excuse for going for two there? I think most agree it was a stupid decision, but did the coach try to explain it away?

November 2014, Northwestern limps into South Bend on a 4-game losing streak, sporting a 3-6 record to face 18th ranked Notre Damned. The rest is history. Enjoy the highlights:

Was fortunate to be at this game as well as 1995. Froze at this one and I think it was around 90 degrees in 1995. Looks like it will be around 50 Friday and I will be there for sure. Hoping for the same result as the first two. Go Cats.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT