ADVERTISEMENT

NU's Adam Crum teams up with Football Legend Mark Schlereth

Alaskawildkat

Gold Member
Dec 29, 2005
The two Alaskans were seen together today at the Alaska State Fair where they teamed up together to promote on site COVID-19 Vaccinations. Mark Schlereth lent his NFL Football Celebrity Status to assist former Northwestern football player and current Alaska Department of Health and Social Services Commissioner Adam Crum to encourage Alaskans to get vaccinated.

IMG_8124.jpg
IMG_8113.jpg
IMG_8117.jpg

And in other Alaska State Fair news, my three entries in the Photography Competition took a patriotic twist as they garnered red, white, and blue taking Second in the Architectural Category, Third in the Life in Alaska Category, and First Place in the Panorama Category.

IMG_8059.jpg
IMG_8082.jpg
IMG_8076_(1).jpg

Ironically, the ribbon colors matched the highlight colors of each photo with the red reflecting the autumn red leaves of the Japanese temple; the white ribbon corresponding to the white feathers of the seagulls and their reflections at the mouth of the Kenai River; and the blue matching the blue paint scheme extended across the Alaska train.

IMG_1001_(2).jpg

And in other Alaska State Fair news, my three entries in the Photography Competition took a patriotic twist as they garnered red, white, and blue taking Second in the Architectural Category, Third in the Life in Alaska Category, and First Place in the Panorama Category.

IMG_8059.jpg
IMG_8082.jpg
IMG_8076_(1).jpg

Ironically, the ribbon colors matched the highlight colors of each photo with the red reflecting the autumn red leaves of the Japanese temple; the white ribbon corresponding to the white feathers of the seagulls and their reflections at the mouth of the Kenai River; and the blue matching the blue paint scheme extended across the Alaska train.

IMG_1001_(2).jpg
Too bad there wasn’t a Purple or Moose category!

The two Alaskans were seen together today at the Alaska State Fair where they teamed up together to promote on site COVID-19 Vaccinations. Mark Schlereth lent his NFL Football Celebrity Status to assist former Northwestern football player and current Alaska Department of Health and Social Services Commissioner Adam Crum to encourage Alaskans to get vaccinated.

IMG_8124.jpg
IMG_8113.jpg
IMG_8117.jpg
I think I recognize him from ESPN but it’s hard without the makeup.

Why was Schlereth in Alaska? Is he a native of your fine state like Mr. Crum?

Yes.

Excerpts from his Wikipedia bio:

Schlereth was born and grew up in Anchorage, Alaska, and struggled with dyslexia as a youth — he did not learn to read until he was seven.[2] He graduated from Robert Service High School in 1984. Growing up in Alaska, Schlereth did not receive much attention as a college football prospect; the only current FBS schools that offered him a scholarship were Idaho (I-AAat the time) and Hawaii. He accepted the scholarship offer from the University of Idaho from head coach Dennis Erickson.

Mark Frederick Schlereth (/ˈʃlɛrɪθ/; born January 25, 1966) is a former professional American football player and current television and radio sportscaster. Schlereth played guard in the NFL for 12 seasons (19892000) with the Washington Redskins and Denver Broncos. He is currently a football analyst for Fox Sports, appearing on FS1, and other programs. He also co-hosted Sedano & Stink with Jorge Sedano from 7–10 p.m. ET on ESPN Radio until late March 2015 when he left the program to pursue other broadcast opportunities.[1] He has also begun a career in acting, appearing on the soap opera Guiding Light, and 2012's Red Dawn remake.

Reactions: CatManTrue
Yes.

Schlereth was born and grew up in Anchorage, Alaska, and struggled with dyslexia as a youth — he did not learn to read until he was seven.[2] He graduated from Robert Service High School in 1984. Growing up in Alaska, Schlereth did not receive much attention as a college football prospect; the only current FBS schools that offered him a scholarship were Idaho (I-AAat the time) and Hawaii. He accepted the scholarship offer from the University of Idaho from head coach Dennis Erickson.

Mark Frederick Schlereth (/ˈʃlɛrɪθ/; born January 25, 1966) is a former professional American football player and current television and radio sportscaster. Schlereth played guard in the NFL for 12 seasons (19892000) with the Washington Redskins and Denver Broncos. He is currently a football analyst for Fox Sports, appearing on FS1, and other programs. He also co-hosted Sedano & Stink with Jorge Sedano from 7–10 p.m. ET on ESPN Radio until late March 2015 when he left the program to pursue other broadcast opportunities.[1] He has also begun a career in acting, appearing on the soap opera Guiding Light, and 2012's Red Dawn remake.

Schlereth hosts a daily morning radio show on 104.3 The Fan here in Denver

Reactions: Alaskawildkat

Yes.

Schlereth hosts a daily morning radio show on 104.3 The Fan here in Denver

There is an added connection between Schlereth and Northwestern apart from Mark's friendship with fellow Alaskan Adam Crum. Both Mark Schlereth and Northwestern Coach Pat Fitzgerald have ties to the University of Idaho. Evidently through those ties both became acquainted with each other. Mark as a player and Coach Fitzgerald as the Line Backer and Special Teams Coach in 2000 before returning to Northwestern.

Adam Crum shared with me a selfie of the two of them at the Alaska State Fair which Schlereth texted to Coach Fitzgerald. Adam added, "It was great hanging with Mark. He really appreciates Fitz, so we took a selfie and he texted it to Fitz."

There is an added connection between Schlereth and Northwestern apart from Mark's friendship with fellow Alaskan Adam Crum. Both Mark Schlereth and Northwestern Coach Pat Fitzgerald have ties to the University of Idaho. Evidently through those ties both became acquainted with each other. Mark as a player and Coach Fitzgerald as the Line Backer and Special Teams Coach in 2000 before returning to Northwestern.

Adam Crum shared with me a selfie of the two of them at the Alaska State Fair which Schlereth texted to Coach Fitzgerald. Adam added, "It was great hanging with Mark. He really appreciates Fitz, so we took a selfie and he texted it to Fitz."

IMG_8181.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT