ADVERTISEMENT

NUWBB Thread

Cats open up tonight against UIC. Coach Joe rolling with two first years in his starting lineup.

Watched the first half. VB was her usual solid self. FY Daley was a spark off the bench. Might be the best FY. Walsh was OK, Brown struggled.

NU doesn't shoot well from outside, don't rebound well, could be a difficult year in the B1G. Will miss that special player Pull-up Pulliam.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
Great player. And she does it all within Coach Joe's system. Quietest 22 points tonight you will ever see. Never forces it.

I think they’ll have some growing pains this year…especially with 3 frosh playing so much. Hoping Anna Morris is back soon…need her length up front.

I suppose some might consider it no big deal, but I agree that as we have a basketball board -- why on earth is WBKB considered an "Other Sport?"

It's the same game for both genders. Posting women's hoops news to this board seems patronizing, as if it is a lesser activity. That's not what NU wants to represent.

I know the OP is not a sexist about women's sports as he is a star poster on VB, WLAX, FHKY and so forth. It's always great to see those women's sports covered here, so it's just peculiar to insist that women's hoops is evidently not considered "real" basketball.

Reactions: NJCat
Very uncharacteristic start for NU. Gave up 32 in the first quarter, then played lock-down defense the next 2 quarters. Tough loss but plenty of reason to be optimistic.

Very uncharacteristic start for NU. Gave up 32 in the first quarter, then played lock-down defense the next 2 quarters. Tough loss but plenty of reason to be optimistic.

Still breaking in two first year starters; and still without Anna Morris, yes? Future is bright. Look for recent signee, Caroline Lau, to be the heir apparent to VB at PG.

Veronica had an excellent game, 30 points, only 1 turnover, great leadership. The three first years all played solidly, and we're a major factor in our win. It's going to be fun watching them!

Yes, she went in at the end of the game when Iowa was fouling. She also went in in the first half, leading to an administrative technical foul. Her number was incorrect in the score book. If we had lost by 1 or 2 points, that would have been costly.

• Wow
Yes, she went in at the end of the game when Iowa was fouling. She also went in in the first half, leading to an administrative technical foul. Her number was incorrect in the score book. If we had lost by 1 or 2 points, that would have been costly.

Any word on Wood?

Any word on Wood?
This has been driving me nuts all year. On the other hand, NU started 3 freshmen against Iowa and Daley has a breakout game, which leads me to believe that the 'Cats will continue to improve throughout the season. Must keep Burton healthy so she can continue to take over games like she did last night.

This has been driving me nuts all year. On the other hand, NU started 3 freshmen against Iowa and Daley has a breakout game, which leads me to believe that the 'Cats will continue to improve throughout the season. Must keep Burton healthy so she can continue to take over games like she did last night.

The future is bright. Looking forward to watching Caroline Lau, the heir apparent to VB, run the point in Evanston. I could watch Caroline Lau highlights all day.

Last edited:
Reactions: No Chores and NJCat
Here you go pal. That Trumpy name should sound familiar (yes, it’s his cousin).

Thanks Coral. all three sound terrific and will probably contribute. A backcourt consisting of a Daley, Brown and Lau rotation will be very strong, epecially considering that Walsh and the incoming Australian can also make the three.

Thanks Coral. all three sound terrific and will probably contribute. A backcourt consisting of a Daley, Brown and Lau rotation will be very strong, epecially considering that Walsh and the incoming Australian can also make the three.

Trumpy at 6’4” might be a bit more of a project, but boy, you gotta like that height!

Interesting that Trumpy's parents both played college basketball and that she was an all-state and state champion volleyball player in Pa. Camp Hill is a very nice area near Harrisburg. At one time I a had a very significant Medical Malpractice Insurance client there, so I got down there quite a bit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT