ADVERTISEMENT

Observations from 50 feet away from Northwestern sideline

Sep 3, 2023
I’ll allow the more expert fans to analyze the football on the field. Really bad football with very little to hang your hat on (Bryce Gallagher had a nice game).

Observations:

1) Zero energy on the sideline. I understand it was hot, but I did not like seeing backups sitting on the bench and chatting like they were on the beach. For all Fitz’s faults you always saw a very engaged bench. Not the case here. The only player who I thought was really engaged in the action was Cole Freeman. Did not look like anybody else was all that concerned as to what was happening on the field

2) Braun looked like a guy who never played golf before, but was trying to play in a foursome without looking like a fool. He didn’t look like he knew where to be half time time. I didn’t see him talking to anyone. Most of the time he was just pacing back and forth with a confused look of nervous energy. At one point in the 2nd quarter the offense was about to start a drive and he was on the other side of the field talking to the punter. Very weird.

3) Anderson has got to be over 400 lbs. I seriously question if he’s healthy enough right now to do his job effectively. The offensive line play is certainly not diminishing my doubts.

4) Give Bryant credit. He took a beating and was not pointing fingers at anyone.

5) Lausch kept riding the bike. I thought maybe he was trying to stay loose for a package or something. He wasn’t really engaging much with the other QBs either. Definitely an impressive guy from a physical standpoint. Maybe he was just getting a workout in?

All in all going to be a long year and it’s really not worth watching any of these games. Very little talent on the roster (I don’t think any of these players will be part of the next good NU team) and the coaches seemed to have mailed it in aside from Braun and his crew.

If Northwestern wants to turn this program around they need to open up their checkbook and get a really good coach to turn the ship around.

Reactions: IGNORE2
Thanks for the report. I would say certain coaches should be gone at the end of the season (looking at you Anderson and Bajakian) but they will all be gone.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT