ADVERTISEMENT

Observations

catfans5

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2011
I have no idea why, but NU was getting out of the huddle slowly and approaching the line of scrimmage with not much time. Plays have to come in faster.

All game, our center was low snapping the ball. This needs work.

Down and distance worked half the time on the south scoreboard. When it did, it was awfully small.

Our special teams are much better, but is there a reason why NU cannot or will not teach directional punting. Duke’s punter was very good and was a weapon pinning us back. We just seem to kick down the middle. Both sides missed chippees fg tries kicking toward the north end zone. Obviously our block was awesome. Henning does a nice job fielding punts.

I did not understand the rb rotation. Porter can catch out of the backfield. No idea if the other two can, but they did not offer much.

I won’t comment on other matters folks have touched upon, like play calling, but our right side needs to learn how to run block.

Finally, I never saw a blitz or a pressure last night. I thought we could play press coverage and hurry their qb.

It got cold there last night!

I have no idea why, but NU was getting out of the huddle slowly and approaching the line of scrimmage with not much time. Plays have to come in faster.

All game, our center was low snapping the ball. This needs work.

Down and distance worked half the time on the south scoreboard. When it did, it was awfully small.

Our special teams are much better, but is there a reason why NU cannot or will not teach directional punting. Duke’s punter was very good and was a weapon pinning us back. We just seem to kick down the middle. Both sides missed chippees fg tries kicking toward the north end zone. Obviously our block was awesome. Henning does a nice job fielding punts.

I did not understand the rb rotation. Porter can catch out of the backfield. No idea if the other two can, but they did not offer much.

I won’t comment on other matters folks have touched upon, like play calling, but our right side needs to learn how to run block.

Finally, I never saw a blitz or a pressure last night. I thought we could play press coverage and hurry their qb.

It got cold there last night!
During the last part of regulation, they had seen something as their QB was getting rid of the ball very quickly so there was no way to really get pressure on him

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT