ADVERTISEMENT

Ode to McCall: Which was his best called game?

Mr Wickerpark

Dec 28, 2016
Fans wanna know, which was his best?
I think the bowl games.
The kentucky win imo. He was risky and unpredictable. Then lost Thorson and adjusted with Alviti.

The Auburn game wasnt bad and also the BTC game.

He wasnt the smartest OC but if he had 30 days to study, that was a great equalizer. In any case, he still needed "serious work".
Turk was right.

I think the bowl games.
The kentucky win imo. He was risky and unpredictable. Then lost Thorson and adjusted with Alviti.

He wasnt the smartest OC but if he had 30 days to study, that was a great equalizer. In any case, he still needed "serious work".
Turk was right.

I’ll go 2017 Michigan State.

I think the bowl games.

Turk was right.
Turk: posts like these honestly make me wish there was a “thumbs down” option on Rivals.

Mick did as well as he could, mutually agreed to move on, and hopefully is doing well in his new endeavors.

I’m only concerned with how Coach Jake calls games the next few seasons. I like what I’ve seen so far based on his experience and interviews. We’ll see how he does.

I think the bowl games.

Turk was right.
McCall is the classic example of why a High School coach should never dabble in college power 5 conferences. That said, it's pretty tough to say which was his best when there were few to choose from. Corbi and others kept saying "it's going to get better", but smart money, analytics and myself knew the needle was pushing to the left. I hated being right but it was an objective call that unfortunately made pollyanna's very upset. The analytics of the Problem of Fitz finally came back to haunt him, but the analytics of the Problem of Fitz theory (which is now law) became very unpopular and pollyanna fans were outraged.

He worked with 5 and 4 star QB's and failed to develop anyone once Fitz insisted upon the power running smashmouth O which was initiated against Stanford.
Oliver, Alviti, Thorson, Marty,Smith, Johnson, and the other one could never reach any semblance of potential and were never developed enough to see a difference between their senior year and earlier year.

I know gocatsgo likes saying "Good riddance" to fine young men like Ben S, but Ben isn't getting paid and is innocent in his move to ND. I say good riddance to McCall. Better not to ask questions as you did because fans really don't wanna know. Just flush the nightmare he created.

McCall is the classic example of why a High School coach should never dabble in college power 5 conferences. That said, it's pretty tough to say which was his best when there were few to choose from. Corbi and others kept saying "it's going to get better", but smart money, analytics and myself knew the needle was pushing to the left. I hated being right but it was an objective call that unfortunately made pollyanna's very upset. The analytics of the Problem of Fitz finally came back to haunt him, but the analytics of the Problem of Fitz theory (which is now law) became very unpopular and pollyanna fans were outraged.

He worked with 5 and 4 star QB's and failed to develop anyone once Fitz insisted upon the power running smashmouth O which was initiated against Stanford.
Oliver, Alviti, Thorson, Marty,Smith, Johnson, and the other one could never reach any semblance of potential and were never developed enough to see a difference between their senior year and earlier year.

I know gocatsgo likes saying "Good riddance" to fine young men like Ben S, but Ben isn't getting paid and is innocent in his move to ND. I say good riddance to McCall. Better not to ask questions as you did because fans really don't wanna know. Just flush the nightmare he created.
Mr. WickerPark, could you kindly link to the Analytics that you refer to in your post?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Minnesota 2008

Crafted a college football record-breaking gameplan for a backup QB at a top-25 team.

McCall is the classic example of why a High School coach should never dabble in college power 5 conferences. .

So Northwestern should have never hired Gary Barnett?

Barnett coached 10 years of high school football.

Let me fix that first sentence for you.

TurkerPark is the classic example of why a high school player should never dabble in college power 5 message boards.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT