ADVERTISEMENT

Odenigbo invited to NFL combine

Based on his size/speed, he may test very well. With the need for pass rushers, if the combine goes well, he can be a 6-7th rounder.

Based on his size/speed, he may test very well. With the need for pass rushers, if the combine goes well, he can be a 6-7th rounder.
If he got a combine invite, I suspect his upside if things go well is better than that. Getting a combine invite implies that whatever group of scouts etc think he will be drafted, right?

If he got a combine invite, I suspect his upside if things go well is better than that. Getting a combine invite implies that whatever group of scouts etc think he will be drafted, right?

I hope. I'm uncertain of his special teams abilities. As just a 3rd down pass rusher, I see it hard for someone to not only spend a higher draft pick, but take up a roster spot. I'm not trying to be a downer as I want to see him go as early as possible, just being realistic.

There are more guys invited to the combine (usually around 300) than there are draft picks - plus there are always 30-50 guys drafted that aren't invited to the combine. That being said, I think it vastly improves ones chances of being drafted or maybe more importantly signing as an UDFA - you are basically being given a chance to interview with your top 32 employers.

Reactions: ricko654321
Wikipedia tells all.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_Scouting_Combine

About 335 invited players in a typical year
About one-fourth of invitations come out after bowl games

For reference, there were 253 total selections in the 2016 draft.

I don't see the consistency in IO's game to make it, but I sure hope he does. I wonder how much he'll weigh when he gets to Indy.

Reactions: ricko654321
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT