ADVERTISEMENT

Offense Snap Counts and Grades of Note, Week 3

AdamOnFirst

Nov 29, 2021
Reducing this writing down to only ones I find notable to save time for both personal and statistical reasons. Like, I'm not painstakingly posting Ryan Hillinski's bad grades, Hull's good ones, etc.

WRs
Snap counts for all the receivers followed the same general distribution of past weeks and nobody new played. We discussed Preston Bacon and his goal line target in another thread: he got 4 total snaps in the game. I for one am not against giving more opportunities to more guys given the lack of production by our receivers, but maybe work him in a little more often?

Anyway, the only other notable thing here is PFF thinks everybody but Malik Washington is sub-60 replacement level bad, especially Bryce Kirtz, who is graded horribly. Malik Washington is graded as a quite nice 70.5 overall, up from 66.5, so PFF likes Malik's play vs SIU and this year. I can't disagree with any of their grades here.

TE
Gordon got 64 snaps, Lang got 42 snaps, and Manigieri got back on the field with 5 snaps. I honestly didn't realize Gordon was on the field that much, and he's graded a bit lower vs SIU, so I wonder if the injuries got to him. All three of these guys got really bad run blocking grades vs SIU.

O Line (Guard position added).
Skoronski, Tiernan, Wiederkehr, Schmidt, and Priebe each played the full 89 snaps. Skoronski continues to grade at an elite level overall (#1 in the country at any level) and Schmidt got solid grades overall (okay/meh pass blocking and good run blocking, as he's consistently been all year). Priebe got strong grades in the mid to high 70's again and is one of the highest graded Guards in college football (#15 in power five) Tiernan also was rated very very favorably in his first career start with a 76 overall with 77 in pass pro and 72 run blocking. Wiederkehr graded very poorly at RG and is well below 60 at every category.
Picozzi, Rowley, and Wrather each didn't play at all (at least on offense, Wrather might have gotten a few special teams snaps). Dom D'Antonio got one snap as a blocking tight end (he also had one vs Duke) and is in there on some field goal snaps too (which aren't tracked the same way)

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News