ADVERTISEMENT

Offense, time for a reset.

stpaulcat

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
St. Paul
It is time to allow Fitzball die its peaceful death, finally, and then completely overhaul the offensive side of the ball. Sooner the better. That said, if NU has Bryant back, we coulld well win some more games, but that is not the point. If I were Braun, I would let Bajakian go tomorrow and thus solidify his position as permanent head coach.

Last edited:
It is time to allow Fitzball to die its peaceful death, finally, and then completely overhaul the offensive side of the ball. Sooner the better. That said, if NU has Bryant back, we coulld well win some more games, but that is not the point. If I were Braun, I would let Bajakian go tomorrow and thus solidify his position as permanent head coach.
Cant happen now but it better happen the Monday after Thanksgiving.

It is time to allow Fitzball die its peaceful death, finally, and then completely overhaul the offensive side of the ball. Sooner the better. That said, if NU has Bryant back, we coulld well win some more games, but that is not the point. If I were Braun, I would let Bajakian go tomorrow and thus solidify his position as permanent head coach.
Pretty hard to do it now and pretty hard to give him total blame behind that OL. He liked using TEs and they have been pretty poor as well. That said, hard to see him surviving this year

Why would Braun necessarily be brought back? I am fine if he is brought back, but I would at least look at any hot HC commodities that are from Division 1A that might bring in better talent, such as better quality Qbs. The total reliance on the portal after Clayton left is rather embarrassing to be honest. I mean it is like getting a shirt that has been left on the clearance rack for awhile. A more pass oriented system would help with getting a better caliber of QBs.

Why would Braun necessarily be brought back? I am fine if he is brought back, but I would at least look at any hot HC commodities that are from Division 1A that might bring in better talent, such as better quality Qbs. The total reliance on the portal after Clayton left is rather embarrassing to be honest. I mean it is like getting a shirt that has been left on the clearance rack for awhile. A more pass oriented system would help with getting a better caliber of QBs.

Because he has been pretty darn good at the job for which he was hired.

Because he has been pretty darn good at the job for which he was hired.
He isn't going to bring in better talent with that offense. I am sorry, but NU needs the next big thing in Div 1 in terms of a young up and comer HC, or a known commodity that is known for building programs. The only way NU is going to rebuild is with an innovative offensive system that will garner interest from the kids. If Braun can get a great innovative OC, then I would be all in for him staying. He is a solid coach and can work on further developing the defense, but he needs to jazz up the O to get 4 star players.

Reactions: drewjin
He isn't going to bring in better talent with that offense. I am sorry, but NU needs the next big thing in Div 1 in terms of a young up and comer HC, or a known commodity that is known for building programs. The only way NU is going to rebuild is with an innovative offensive system that will garner interest from the kids. If Braun can get a great innovative OC, then I would be all in for him staying. He is a solid coach and can work on further developing the defense, but he needs to jazz up the O to get 4 star players.

I don’t think it’s gonna happen, that would just be the case to be made.

I don't blame Bajakian because this is the offense coach Fitz wanted us to run, so this is what he recruited for.

• Love
At least we’re not Iowa. Their defense is miles better than ours, actually scores points, and yet their offense may actually be worse than ours. Yet their OC is the coach’s son so they have been stuck longer than us.

• Haha
They should. The Coaches already know they will not be back.
If I’m the new coach, I would consider retaining Braun and a few of the new coaches. I think the DL and WR Coach have improved the play of their position groups. The RB coach as well.

Reactions: Dugan15
If I’m the new coach, I would consider retaining Braun and a few of the new coaches. I think the DL and WR Coach have improved the play of their position groups. The RB coach as well.
And why not, Braun and Smith coached championship teams, they were objectively ready to take the step to power 5 which is why Fitz hired them - they will be getting job offers on the open market based on their past success and how well they are doing with this previous dumpster fire of a defense. They would be legitimate targets for a new HCcoming in anyway so hopefully they would get a strong look.

I liked two things today. Our uniforms and the defense. However my enjoyment was spoiled by the aroma produced by the offense. The next 5 games will be good preparation for our place in next year's BIG. That will happen with or without Coach Braun.

At least we’re not Iowa. Their defense is miles better than ours, actually scores points, and yet their offense may actually be worse than ours. Yet their OC is the coach’s son so they have been stuck longer than us.
Lil Brian needs to average 41 points per game over the final four to keep his job. This is because they’re averaging 17 points per game over the first eight.

It’s just a shame the most hilarious contract in the history of the world won’t have an interesting home stretch.

Worst offensive line play in the Bigten by a country mile. Anderson has to go. Good luck drawing up any offensive game plan behind that mess. It is so apparent that unit is completely overwhelmed. Sullivan is a deer in headlights playing behind that unit, no hope of playing ball control football and Bryant limping off the field just about every game that he is healthy enough to play. I thought it was supposed to be NU's depleted DL that was going be the Achilles heel of this team? Defense has played with heart for the most part. The OL would have trouble competing in the MAC. Get rid of Anderson.

Last edited:
Worst offensive line play in the Bigten by a country mile. Anderson has to go. Good luck drawing up any offensive game plan behind that mess. It is so apparent that unit completely overwhelmed. Sullivan is a deer in headlights playing behind that unit, no hope of playing ball control football and Bryant limping off the field just about every game that he is healthy enough to play. I thought it was supposed to be NU's depleted DL that was going be there Achilles heel of this team? Defense has played with heart for the most part. The OL would have trouble competing in the MAC. Get rid of Anderson.
Sad part is I bet Jake would have been fired under Fitz, after this season but Anderson would have stayed. Too much change per Fitz's mantra.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT