ADVERTISEMENT

Official reviews in basketball are trash

freewillie07

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2017
Wtf. The call that erased the foul on Garza, and gave Iowa the ball back, was one of the stupidest things I’ve ever seen, “cylinder rule” or not. To me, that’s like going to the replay and calling a pass interference penalty a clean play and an incompletion. A complete game-changer. The only difference is the football scenario isn’t allowed.

Only allow for late-game replays to determine possession and allow officials to go to the monitors to determine close 2s vs. 3s. Anything else is just worse for the game.

Wtf. The call that erased the foul on Garza, and gave Iowa the ball back, was one of the stupidest things I’ve ever seen, “cylinder rule” or not. To me, that’s like going to the replay and calling a pass interference penalty a clean play and an incompletion. A complete game-changer. The only difference is the football scenario isn’t allowed.

Only allow for late-game replays to determine possession and allow officials to go to the monitors to determine close 2s vs. 3s. Anything else is just worse for the game.
Worst call in the game was when Garza lost the ball out of bounds and they have Iowa the ball. Thank god for football.

Reactions: StratCat84
Worst call in the game was when Garza lost the ball out of bounds and they have Iowa the ball. Thank god for football.

Right?! Luckily they missed a jumper after that. But how is that not reviewed, while the officials go from checking for a Flagarant 1 or 2 on Garza to removing the foul entirely???

That one WAS a bad call. Yeesh.

I disagree with being able to take a foul off the board on a review, but I agree that the Garza elbow shouldn't have been a flagrant foul on review.

I couldn't believe that was allowed. So, why can't they review charging/blocking calls now to get those right? If you're going to reverse foul calls, then review every foul.

Reactions: ricko654321
I'm theoretically in favor of better data for the refs calling the game. The intentional elbow to the face play only took about three seconds from start to finish. What amazed me is what they did with all the extra info available from the review.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT