ADVERTISEMENT

Official second-half thread for the Pinstripe Bowl

Why does it seem that Niswander takes FOREVER to punt the ball??? Don't take your sweet ass time

i agree we should have gone for the kill there and get a 2 score lead. Now with their QB out, we need to hold to a FG, and let Pat play field position.

Looks like the backup QB can step right in and get a critical 3rd down conversion under pressure. I fear the blocked punt could be the one extra mistake we couldn't afford today. I wonder if our fear driven kicking game altered our punt protection at the line. I'm disappointed we played so scared on all the kicks and punts so we gave up great field position and now a blocked punt.

i agree we should have gone for the kill there and get a 2 score lead. Now with their QB out, we need to hold to a FG, and let Pat play field position.
Defensive mindset of the head coach runs deep

Ok, defense. Can't give up a TD there without their QB, RB and all-american OT.

Pitt's best offensive players (starting RB, QB and All-American OG) are out of the game and NU's D secondary looks like the;re playing soft and not to lose - by design. Horrible CB field play - simply horrible. The Purple CBs miss 5 consecutive plays then make a single play to keep Pitt's O from collecting another 1st down. Pitt's 2nd team QB looks like Joe Montana against the soft 'Cat CBs.

Reactions: TejasCat
Ok, so every call from here out is OK. Great logic.

No, but to claim Fitz isn't coaching balls out and taking some risks isn't true. Fitz had been taking more risks this year than he has in the past, IMO.

Yeah it has worked the probability of picking up 3 and 8 isn't very good

The probability of picking up 3rd and 8 isn't great no matter the play call. I don't love the call, but they're looking for a way to get Jackson in space.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT