ADVERTISEMENT

Okay so…

ricko654321

Nov 15, 2006
Not to be overly dramatic but. How have we not fired Lujan yet? These red zone formations and execution are beyond egregious. He cost us 2 TDs today by repeatedly putting Lausch back in shotgun when we have 1 yard to go and multiple plays to get it. Utterly insane. I was at a loss watching that game with the red zone scheme and play calling.

We already lost one game because of the insanity with Duke. I don’t think we were gonna win this game to be fair but…. this guy needs to be jettisoned to Mars at least. Lausch was not good by any means but Lujan absolutely ruined 2 easy touchdowns because he apparently doesn’t know how to call a QB sneak under center??? Or maybe a HB dive under center? Anything other than snapping it into shotgun from the 1 yard line play after play?? This isn’t effing South Dakota state dude. That was so infuriating.

It seemed to me that Lausch missed a lot of wide open guys, but more damning was all the drops. WE DROPPED TWO TOUCHDOWNS.

If you are saying Lujan is the problem, you are saying the problem is the plays, playcalling and training the players. The X's and O's.

Today I think the problem was not with the X's and O's as much as the "Johnny's and Joe's".

That said for the life of me I still don't understand why coach Braun went for three in the third qtr, and then in the fourth went for a TD whn it was the exact opposite situation, three points then (because we got the e before) would have made it a two score game. It's almost like he switched strategies of how to play out the game in the middle of fulfilling his already started strategy. Really weird.

So in those cases, yes x's and o's.

But there were too many drops (and missed open players) for me to blame the coaches to the point of asking "how have we not fired (insert name) yet?".

Not to be overly dramatic but. How have we not fired Lujan yet? These red zone formations and execution are beyond egregious. He cost us 2 TDs today by repeatedly putting Lausch back in shotgun when we have 1 yard to go and multiple plays to get it. Utterly insane. I was at a loss watching that game with the red zone scheme and play calling.

We already lost one game because of the insanity with Duke. I don’t think we were gonna win this game to be fair but…. this guy needs to be jettisoned to Mars at least. Lausch was not good by any means but Lujan absolutely ruined 2 easy touchdowns because he apparently doesn’t know how to call a QB sneak under center??? Or maybe a HB dive under center? Anything other than snapping it into shotgun from the 1 yard line play after play?? This isn’t effing South Dakota state dude. That was so infuriating.
I’m more shocked Braun didn’t make him pull Lausch for Wright.

Porter’s absence may have something to do with the goofy shotgun formats on short-to-go downs. He is the bellwether back and this offense will not survive without him.

We knew this season and next would be rough. We have to embrace the suck.

Washington’s stadium is a tough one to play in. They knew this was their first Big Ten game and made a statement.

This will be a long season offensively. Woof.

It seemed to me that Lausch missed a lot of wide open guys, but more damning was all the drops. WE DROPPED TWO TOUCHDOWNS.

If you are saying Lujan is the problem, you are saying the problem is the plays, playcalling and training the players. The X's and O's.

Today I think the problem was not with the X's and O's as much as the "Johnny's and Joe's".

That said for the life of me I still don't understand why coach Braun went for three in the third qtr, and then in the fourth went for a TD whn it was the exact opposite situation, three points then (because we got the e before) would have made it a two score game. It's almost like he switched strategies of how to play out the game in the middle of fulfilling his already started strategy. Really weird.

But there were too many drops (and missed open players) for me to blame the coaches to the point of asking "how have we not fired (insert name) yet?".
Drops sure those were an issue but. The glaring malpractice to me was by far the offensive setup inside the 5 yard line. I could not imagine Braun isn’t seriously reconsidering whether his OC lacks a few screws in his mind. You don’t need to worry about WR drops if you run 3 QB sneaks up the middle and try to get 1 yard out of 3 plays. This was a replay of the Duke game idiocy and we gave up 2 more TDs today because of it.

Lausch has probably taken very few snaps from under center. He probably was a spread quarterback in high school and it is harder to take a snap from a center than in the shotgun.

Remember: Fitz could not recruit QBs because his offenses were so terrible. We were lucky to sign Lausch away from Notre Dame’s baseball team for Pete’s sake 😂

One of Clayton Thorson’s secret weapons was his size and strength for quarterback sneaks. He was a big hombre and knew how to use his body to win a yard or two.

The NU offense is screwed without a bona fide Big Ten quarterback.

You either need to hope Lausch improves dramatically or we find another quarterback. Lausch looks like he is still a year away from fulfilling his potential, much like Persa did when he stepped in for Kafka against PSU in 2009.

Reactions: Jaguar 88
Lausch has probably taken very few snaps from under center.
Piss poor excuse. Three years in the program. Starter for two weeks. Takes 2 minutes a day to get in like 60 snaps practice. And Carsello was #1 center until the last week of fall practice (so I've been told).

Piss poor excuse. Three years in the program. Starter for two weeks. Takes 2 minutes a day to get in like 60 snaps practice. And Carsello was #1 center until the last week of fall practice (so I've been told).
Lujan needs to go. Between Duke play call and that red zone performance. Insanity.

He has barely taken any snaps on the field which means he barely has had any in practice. Playing quarterback is the most difficult position mentally & emotionally and requires experience.

The center-to-QB snap is all about timing. In the NFL, centers snap it earlier than the quarterback signal because otherwise the defensive linemen are too damn good. Watch NFL quarterback’s lips and the timing of the snap if you don’t believe me tomorrow.

Do you recall that Andy Reid benched Mahomes his entire rookie season in the NFL to let him learn & avoid killing his confidence?

He has barely taken any snaps on the field which means he barely has had any in practice. Playing quarterback is the most difficult position mentally & emotionally and requires experience.

Do you recall that Andy Reid benched Mahomes his entire rookie season in the NFL to let him learn & avoid killing his confidence?
We're talking about a center snap and QB sneak. If they aren't practicing that (clearly they are not) with this team and this QB, they deserve to lose. It's the simplest play in football. Don't they practice the victory formation? Or is that also out of the shotgun?

We're talking about a center snap and QB sneak. If they aren't practicing that (clearly they are not) with this team and this QB, they deserve to lose. It's the simplest play in football. Don't they practice the victory formation? Or is that also out of the shotgun?
Lujan has been here for a couple of months and practice time is restricted by the NCAA, even with NIL.

Lausch has only been the starter for 12 days.

Relax. The offense needs Porter and we were screwed without him. Hopefully nobody got hurt

Losing Tyus was major.

Maybe Pat Ryan can pay the third or fourth string quarterback from Texas to transfer here.

If Texas can’t win the title with both Ewers & Manning in a 12 team field… yikes

He’s a troll and an idiot. Not worth responding. You are right but don’t bother debating.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT