ADVERTISEMENT

One month from today...

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
NU kicks off the 2016 season against Western Michigan at 11 am at Ryan Field.

Can't get here soon enough!

Reactions: rmndcat

My wife and I are always conflicted regarding the start of football. We can't wait for it to start, but we also want it to come slowly, as football usually signals the end of summer.

Will the West Lot be finished by then? Are the sidewalks wide enough to hold the extra traffic on central and Isabella? Will there by more Porta potty units at each end of the alleyway to accommodate the loss of garage doors? Oh, and will our team that wins show up , or not? many questions to answer.

My wife and I are always conflicted regarding the start of football. We can't wait for it to start, but we also want it to come slowly, as football usually signals the end of summer.

Move south. The start of football season down here means that relief from the constant heat and humidity is on its way.

My amazing daughter gets married that day. I will be able to see a little of the game from the hotel prior to the wedding, in full-purple, but then will proceed to the ceremony at Madonna Della Strada on Loyola's campus. (for you Anglophones, that means "Madonna of the Strada").

Speaking of amazing, it will also be my 33rd anniversary that day, married to a woman that is clearly a beacon of patience and tolerance :-D

Although not an alum, she is a fervent Cats fan, and we have a tradition of celebrating our anniversary in Chicago for the Cats opener. This year - still Chicago - different event.

Oh, and yes, I am broke now from wedding expenses.

My amazing daughter gets married that day. I will be able to see a little of the game from the hotel prior to the wedding, in full-purple, but then will proceed to the ceremony...
still in full purple.

Now that is a fan.

...I will post the gameday flag at our new house in Carlsbad, much to the consternation of my new Buckeye neighbor. I think this could be a very exciting season

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT