ADVERTISEMENT

One positive

EvanstonCat

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
The D handled the likely Heisman frontrunner better than anyone else has to date. Take away the 53 yard run where Igwebuike was blocked by the ref and that dude was stoned. D played well but you can't expect to keep PSU off the board when you give up 3 turnovers and give them great field position over and over.

you can't expect to keep PSU off the board when you give up 3 turnovers and give them great field position over and over.
Or when you go 3 and out 7 of your 13 possessions, netting a grand total of -4 yards in those combined possessions. 9 of 13 drives had 4 or fewer plays. Amazingly bad.

Or when you go 3 and out 7 of your 13 possessions, netting a grand total of -4 yards in those combined possessions. 9 of 13 drives had 4 or fewer plays. Amazingly bad.

There needs to be new coaching blood on the offensive side of the ball. I found some of the play calling abysmal all season. I know it's hard to calls plays when you can't block, but some calls are telegraphed to the opposition.

The D handled the likely Heisman frontrunner better than anyone else has to date. Take away the 53 yard run where Igwebuike was blocked by the ref and that dude was stoned. D played well but you can't expect to keep PSU off the board when you give up 3 turnovers and give them great field position over and over.
I thought the D looked really awesome at times. PSU is no cupcake on offense. The D is really coming together. Gotta celebrate the good stuff.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT