ADVERTISEMENT

opening up the offense

charcat

Apr 11, 2006
With Clayton having a year of experience, do the Coaches start to get more creative on offense and try and mix it up a bit? We had a good season with a solid defense, but it seems that the offense needs to take some chances. Expecially with better teams like Tenn. you really need the offense to contribute.

Thorson needs to get a lot better but that receivers group was terrible last year. Without major improvement with both I don't think I would expect much change.

This is year 2 of the 4 year plan for Thorson. I think the coaches will open it up because Thorson will be able to do a lot more this year.

With Clayton having a year of experience, do the Coaches start to get more creative on offense and try and mix it up a bit? We had a good season with a solid defense, but it seems that the offense needs to take some chances. Expecially with better teams like Tenn. you really need the offense to contribute.

It all depends on the line and WR group if you ask me. The staff clearly trusts Clayton as they started him last year for 13 games. Yeah, he needed the reins to be held pretty tight because he was fundamentally unsound at times and made some flat out awful throws.
However, when he was given time to go through his progressions and his WR's were on the same page as he was, the results were at times very positive.

I'm sure coming through all 15 spring practices unscathed will help his development even further as well as an injection of youth and speed into the WR room.

Reactions: Gladeskat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT