ADVERTISEMENT

OT: anyone know how to easily post a photo under copyright?

You would post ia opyright image just like any other photo if you found it on the internet. As I understand it, you can ‘share’ any photo that is posted on the web as long as you are not financially profiting from posting it.

I am not a lawyer, however, so you may want to seek qualified advice.

Just post the photo.
I've tried with a few, and they come up as a little box with a red X. Perhaps Rivals has an exclusion against photos from certain sources? I've also tried through Photobucket and that will work for a day or two, usually, until they figure out it is copyrighted, and they take it down.

You would post ia opyright image just like any other photo if you found it on the internet. As I understand it, you can ‘share’ any photo that is posted on the web as long as you are not financially profiting from posting it.

Thank you. I'll ask my attorney, and hope he doesn't charge the usual $300 for picking up the phone.

Check out shutterstock! I got seven images under copyright.

Why aren't you a lawyer, everyone else here seems to be?

i missed that you couldn't literally post it. my bad sir
Right--Rivals won't take photos from certain URL's, and, for example, Photobucket won't let me post a photo that is copyrighted, from my library, for free. Who knows who gets the money I would pay for using the copyrighted photo, but one would think it would be whomever owns the photo.

I'm thinking that there may be metadata in the photo. Eliminate the metadata? Take a screenshot of the photo and post the screenshot?

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT