ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Big day for NU baseball

Dugan15

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2005
9am Eastern / 8 am Central semifinal - Rematch against Maryland. My hunch is the starters will be Wetherbee (NU) against Bloom.

Winner plays Iowa in the final. Iowa has had a long road through the tournament including tonight's 13-inning game. Their pitching staff is thin for the final.

Go 'Cats!!

NU Pitcher Cooper Weatherbee mowing them down. 6-0 bottom of the 5th and Cats at bat with 1 down.

Well... Wetherbee comes out and our relief pitcher promptly gives up a grand slam. We have a ball game now.

Bullpen really let Cooper down. He deserved better.

Who schedules this %$#@?? Is it normal to have one team play 2 games on the day the championship game is played?

Who schedules this %$#@?? Is it normal to have one team play 2 games on the day the championship game is played?
No it's not normal but the schedule was really thrown off by lots of very long games throughout the tourney. Let's hope Iowa is still tired as they played until almost midnight last night.

I have no inside information, but y'all know I am dorky, so here is my guess: Matt Gannon (0-3, 5.31 ERA, 40 2/3 IP) to start for NU against Drake Robison (3-2, 6.70 ERA, 47.0 IP). Gannon is a 6'7" frosh from New Jersey. Available relievers for NU include: Tommy Bordignon (1-4, 9.28 ERA, 32 IP), Tyler Lass (2-0, 4.00, 18.0 IP) and Danny Katz (1-0, 6.50 ERA, 18 IP). Is Josh Levy able to come back after 17 pitches Friday and 30 pitches yesterday?

As for Iowa, after their 13 inning game yesterday, their bullpen is thin. If they go with Robison, in the bullpen they'll have Shane Ritter (2-2, 5.13 ERA, 26.1 IP) and Grant Judkins (1-0, 7.59 ERA, 21.1 IP). I don't know if they'll bring back one of their two aces, Nick Gallagher (97 pitches on Thursday) or key pitchers Cole McDonald (37 pitches yesterday) and Nick Nelsen (42 pitches yesterday).

Reactions: Pulmocat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT