ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Crash at Howard El station, 38 injured, 23 to the hospital

Status
Not open for further replies.
The train to Skokie, the so-called "Skokie Swift".

For the hell of it I once took it out of curiosity and was surprised how many factories and industrial things there are in the Evanston/Skokie area. Seriously big factories. Not joking, take the Swift and you will see.

1275466_skokie-swift-7.jpg

The train to Skokie, the so-called "Skokie Swift".

For the hell of it I once took it out of curiosity and was surprised how many factories and industrial things there are in the Evanston/Skokie area. Seriously big factories. Not joking, take the Swift and you will see.
Yes, I usually take the yellow line to Cubs games. So when I went to take the yellow line to the NU-Iowa game, I was surprised that the yellow line was not operating that day due to some sort of maintenance, but they were offering a free shuttle to Howard. It still added a good 15-20 minutes to the commute and I was pretty annoyed. There were several annoyed Iowa fans on the shuttle with me too, though, so there's that.

It seems the yellow line has had its troubles this month.

What the hell is the yellow line?
EC, I share your bewilderment. I still use the original names I grew up with: Ravenswood, Howard, Evanston Express, Skokie Swift, Lake St., etc for the elevated/subway lines. And I still use good old Lake Shore Drive. No disrespect to the Afro-French explorer, DuSable, intended.

Reactions: Sec.112
An underrated way to get right to the door...just hop on at Howard....drops you off ten yards from the Ryan field entrance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT