ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Girardi

NJCat

Gold Member
Mar 8, 2016
North Carolina
The Yankees pregame show on YES today is Meredith Marokovits with Joe on the NU campus. Showed his old dorm room in Elder, talking to the team at the new stadium, chatting about his days as an ATO, how he spent 7-10 every night with the guys at the library in Tech. The toured inside Tech, where he was an IE, met with one of his old statistics Prof Tahmane. Talked about how Joe debated his grade for an hour and actually got him to change it. He said "Joe was good at math". Said he would have been great at engineering because he "had a strong left brain", had a 3.50 grade point average which "would have been a 3.70 to 3.80 now with grade inflation". Funny Indian guy!

A nice 30 minute commercial for NU.

The Yankees pregame show on YES today is Meredith Marokovits with Joe on the NU campus. Showed his old dorm room in Elder, talking to the team at the new stadium, chatting about his days as an ATO, how he spent 7-10 every night with the guys at the library in Tech. The toured inside Tech, where he was an IE, met with one of his old statistics Prof Tahmane. Talked about how Joe debated his grade for an hour and actually got him to change it. He said "Joe was good at math". Said he would have been great at engineering because he "had a strong left brain", had a 3.50 grade point average which "would have been a 3.70 to 3.80 now with grade inflation". Funny Indian guy!

I was in that class. Joe copied my notes when gone on away games. What pissed me off is he got a better grade than I did with my own notes.

Smart guy. He was also a very good guy.

true dat
Prof. Tamhane was my IE advisor for a year or two. Good guy. Girardi always skewed the average graduate salary numbers! He was playing in the big leagues when I was a student.

Way to go Joe! Yanks sweep 3 from the Cubs this weekend!! Its May 8th and look who's in first place in the NL Central!!

(OK... it won't last... but give me my moment)

Girardi is a really nice and down to earth guy and it was great to see him with his family at the Pinstripe game last year.

Reactions: nu greek

I lived in Elder with Joe and we were good buddies! We ate together a lot with Bob Jeske, first baseman,Mike Huff, center fielder,played for Dodgers and Tom Hildebrand, shortstop from Oak Park who was funnnier than all of us put together! Joe was a genius!

Curious how many of you East and Midwest Girardi fans actually stayed up to see on ESPN the end of last night's record long 18 inning game between the Cubs and the Yankees? It set a new record as the game with the most strikeouts in major league history, the longest inter-league game, and the longest Sunday night game in baseball history. While it was still early in the evening here in Alaska, it was into the early morning hours for most of you I assume.

Curious how many of you East and Midwest Girardi fans actually stayed up to see on ESPN the end of last night's record long 18 inning game between the Cubs and the Yankees? It set a new record as the game with the most strikeouts in major league history, the longest inter-league game, and the longest Sunday night game in baseball history. While it was still early in the evening here in Alaska, it was into the early morning hours for most of you I assume.

Not me. No regular season baseball game is worth watching into extra innings. Nine is even more than I have patience for.

OK... now Girardi's Yankees are beating up on my Reds. I find myself less enamored.

Girardi is a really nice and down to earth guy and it was great to see him with his family at the Pinstripe game last year.
Agreed. Have known Joe and his wife since they were dating. Class People. Joe is one of the smartest, competitive and humble guys you'r ever meet. His wife was a darn good tennis player at NU. Her Brother makes a Great Italian Beef sandwich at his place, Buffo's in Highwood.

I left after the 13th inning. Too cold, too long.

Watched it to the bitter end. About 1:15 Chicago time. Wonder if Girardi will be the next Cubs manager, after Maddon leaves?

I was at that game as well. It violated my "never get Cubs tickets before June" rule, but I went through the NU Alumni Association outing. Lesson learned. This is a twin rule with don't buy Cubs tickets in August and September until that time, as they were usually out of contention. Kind of a narrow window around the 4th of July.

Anyway, I would love to see Joe with the Cubs, he is a great manager, it would be a great homecoming.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT