ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Illinois State & North Central College

ISU played a really food defensive game. Just needed some offense. Nice job by Spack to have his boys ready for NDSU at their place. North Central is an excellent program, full of those really good H.S. players that just don't have the measurables for D1, but are good athletes, who love the game and play with grit and heart. Go Cardinals!!!

I admit to having never heard of North Central College, but the championship game (Stagg Bowl) will be held next Friday only a couple miles from my house. Anyone coming down here for It?

Reactions: Noah121
I admit to having never heard of North Central College, but the championship game (Stagg Bowl) will be held next Friday only a couple miles from my house. Anyone coming down here for It?
I actually graduated from North Central. Not my finest hour.

I actually graduated from North Central. Not my finest hour.
I meant no disrespect. I hadn't heard of the school, but I'm not from the Chicago area originally and spent only four years there (over 20 years ago) before heading back south to warmer weather.

They're playing in the Stagg Bowl, while our illustrious Wildcats are home for the holidays! If you come down for the game, I'll go to it with you. Go Cardinals.

Reactions: nu greek
ISU played a really food defensive game. Just needed some offense. Nice job by Spack to have his boys ready for NDSU at their place. North Central is an excellent program, full of those really good H.S. players that just don't have the measurables for D1, but are good athletes, who love the game and play with grit and heart. Go Cardinals!!!
That ISU offense looked very familiar.

I went to high school at North Park College Academy. (So go Vikings) Also saw a lot of North Park v. North Central games in the process. At that time North Central was a Track and Field powerhouse, IIRC,

I went to high school at North Park College Academy. (So go Vikings) Also saw a lot of North Park v. North Central games in the process. At that time North Central was a Track and Field powerhouse, IIRC,
You do recall correctly.

I remember when North Park was The King of Div. III Basketball. Michael Harper, with the black rimmed glasses?

Yes. Actually, I was quite fascinating. The Cross country team did virtually everything together. They would stream in to the cafeteria as a group for every meal surrounded by an entourage of girls who acted not so much like girlfriends but more like a support group. When there was any kind of social gathering on campus the same thing, they would appear together with the girls; a close knit unit. For a sport that seems more like individuals competing, they were a very tight unit.

I remember when North Park was The King of Div. III Basketball. Michael Harper, with the black rimmed glasses?

Yes, who went on to play with the Portland Trailblazers. North Park was a DIII dynasty from '78 through '80, with three national championships. I attended all their home games, and their tournament games in the process. Their coach, Dan McCarrell, was my HS football coach back in the '60s.

Reactions: AnotherSwede
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT