ADVERTISEMENT

OT - med question

According to US News and World Report, the best heart hospital in FL is Mayo Clinic - Jacksonville, coming in at # 29. MC - Rochester, MN is # 3 in the US. If the patient can get back to the upper Midwest, Cleveland Clinic is # 1, (as mentioned earlier) MC - R # 3, and Northwestern Memorial Hospital # 7. I was certainly surprised that a state like FL would not have a hospital ranked higher than # 29 in Cardiology. Good luck to you.

According to US News and World Report, the best heart hospital in FL is Mayo Clinic - Jacksonville, coming in at # 29. MC - Rochester, MN is # 3 in the US. If the patient can get back to the upper Midwest, Cleveland Clinic is # 1, (as mentioned earlier) MC - R # 3, and Northwestern Memorial Hospital # 7. I was certainly surprised that a state like FL would not have a hospital ranked higher than # 29 in Cardiology. Good luck to you.
Thank you for the info

Reactions: drewjin
My father had a successful valve replacement in Sarasota a couple years ago. He couldn’t travel, or I would have brought him back to the Midwest. Still, the group that did the valve replacement has been impressive.

Anyone know of any good heart surgeons practicing in FL?

1) Wuh oh.

2) You good?

3) Best the Cat Fam (or at least this specific Board-specific subset) may have to offer is Walt Siemian, who’s been a plastic surgeon in the Orlando area for a while and could well get a solid referral.

My father had a successful valve replacement in Sarasota a couple years ago. He couldn’t travel, or I would have brought him back to the Midwest. Still, the group that did the valve replacement has been impressive.
What was the name?

1) Wuh oh.

2) You good?

3) Best the Cat Fam (or at least this specific Board-specific subset) may have to offer is Walt Siemian, who’s been a plastic surgeon in the Orlando area for a while and could well get a solid referral.
I’m good - mom apparently got some rough news.

What was the name?
Bradenton cardiology. It was a TAVR procedure, which is very common these days. Dr. Rossi did the TAVR. He’s young but had training at Cleveland Clinic, and Columbia, I believe.

Dr. Rothfield is Dad’s primary cardiologist.

Dad was hospitalized last winter with pneumonia, and the cardiology visits were very good.

https://doctors.bradentoncardiology...d=2fc1a765-2c95-4c20-812f-e5e17ad13465&page=2

I believe your parents are in Ft. Myers, which is a bit of a hike, though.

Good luck to your Mom, and to you, of course.

Reactions: IGNORE2
Bradenton cardiology. It was a TAVR procedure, which is very common these days. Dr. Rossi did the TAVR. He’s young but had training at Cleveland Clinic, and Columbia, I believe.

Dr. Rothfield is Dad’s primary cardiologist.

Dad was hospitalized last winter with pneumonia, and the cardiology visits were very good.

https://doctors.bradentoncardiology...d=2fc1a765-2c95-4c20-812f-e5e17ad13465&page=2

I believe your parents are in Ft. Myers, which is a bit of a hike, though.

Good luck to your Mom, and to you, of course.
Thanks. They are but will travel a bit for important things. Insurance no good up north and Mayo to busy in Jax.

Thanks. They are but will travel a bit for important things. Insurance no good up north and Mayo to busy in Jax.
I’m guessing they’re on Medicare Advantage, which can be geographically limiting, but economically tempting.

I imagine Naples has really good cardiology options too. Might be worth checking there too.

I’ll bow out now. I know what you’re going through, and will be pulling for you.

Reactions: IGNORE2
Although I now live on Hilton Head Island, my wife goes to The Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville for cardiology. She raved about the experience there. Making an appointment was easy and follow up was impressive, The cardiologist called her several times both before and after her procedure(catheterization) to discuss the results and treatment recommendations. She compared her experience to Fairfax Hospital in Virginia and said The Mayo Clinic was at an entirely different level with regards to organization, physician involvement and follow up. She does not require surgery yet but is convinced MC will be the facility she chooses.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT