ADVERTISEMENT

OT med question

IGNORE2

Mar 12, 2005
To those orthos around here - maybe a little help…

Sand volleyball, jumped straight up to hit ball, landed two feet on sand and felt crunchy feeling lower thoracic/upper lumbar. Played another couple points. Checked out of game.

Hurts a bunch, initially some breathing pain.

Does it sound like a vertebrae issue requiring medical attention and imaging or more likely muscular. No prior back injury history. Very active. And crappy AHCA insurance that leads to asking the question before ensuring the money and time commitment.

If you have pain/numbness/tingling down your leg/legs especially, you may have herniated a disc. See your primary care doc or an Urgi Care doc and follow up as needed.
Nothing down the legs. Boy am I sue this morning. Getting old sucks.

Nothing down the legs. Boy am I sue this morning. Getting old sucks.

Sounds more muscular if still present in 48 hours or if there’s any progression, I would seek treatment sooner, however, does not sound serious having said that can’t really tell without an x-ray depends on your age of course although uncommon compression fractures in male are much less common than in females

Sounds more muscular if still present in 48 hours or if there’s any progression, I would seek treatment sooner, however, does not sound serious having said that can’t really tell without an x-ray depends on your age of course although uncommon compression fractures in male are much less common than in females
Thanks Nick. Appreciate the advice

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT