ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Miss St Cowbell Question

bjm989

Sep 23, 2010
Just watching the Hawkeyes play Miss St.

Whatever sportmanship is supposed to happen — where no one rings them while Iowa is snapping the ball — is clearly not happening.

Could an opposing fan base just bring bullhorns in response? I guess the question is where is the line drawn?

Anyway, glad we don’t have to deal with that this year. I am cheering for Iowa and the Big Ten.

Reactions: phatcat
Just watching the Hawkeyes play Miss St.

Whatever sportmanship is supposed to happen — where no one rings them while Iowa is snapping the ball — is clearly not happening.

Could an opposing fan base just bring bullhorns in response? I guess the question is where is the line drawn?

Anyway, glad we don’t have to deal with that this year. I am cheering for Iowa and the Big Ten.
Can't watch now, what is with the negative plays? Nine in the box?

Can't watch now, what is with the negative plays? Nine in the box?

Their D line is winning the battle thus far. Simmons (I think) from Miss St with a sack and TFL on first series - he looks pretty stout.

And a fumbled recovery and TD in 2 plays. Go Hawks! Beating #18 helps our final ranking for people who care about such things.

Cowbells were ridiculous in our bowl game with MSU (at least on TV, imagine much worse in person). Why can’t they be banned? I thought “noisemakers” were banned.

I’m surprised that opponents don’t just come up with their own noisemaker and campaign for their fans to bring them when they play MSU.

Cowbells were ridiculous in our bowl game with MSU (at least on TV, imagine much worse in person). Why can’t they be banned? I thought “noisemakers” were banned.
I seem to recall from when NU played MSU that their cowbells were somehow "grandfathered" when rules about noisemakers were introduced.

I seem to recall from when NU played MSU that their cowbells were somehow "grandfathered" when rules about noisemakers were introduced.
Correct. I was at that game and the cowbells were terrible. I remember the gator bowl banning noisemakers, but making a special exception for the cowbells for some non-apparent reason.

I was there on Jan. 1, 2013, on the field during the last five minutes of the fourth quarter, and I didn't hear any cowbells!

Reactions: zbag51
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT