ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Multiple news outlets reporting shooting at UVA campus

Eurocat

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
The first reports as of now (6am ET) are talking about the shooter being a football player (looks like he is/was no longer on the team for some time) and the victims - again according to first reports - are other team members. SWAT team looking for him now.

No link to an official news outlet, but it's on all the tv channels right now. Their message board seems to be following things closely.

How terrible. Prayers to all.

Wow. Apparently he was a former walk on who targeted other football players. I wonder if he was subjected to some extreme bullying while he was on the team, or if he simply lost it. So sad.

Brutal news.
I will pray for the families and the victims.
And a little more common sense in our lawmakers, because those poor kids aren't going to see their families anytime soon.

Suspect in custody.
Pray for the victims and their families on this senseless act that took these young peoples life.

UVA has had its problems in the past. George Hugueley(Lacrosse) strangled Yardley Love about 10 years ago and now this tragedy

• Wow
Reactions: drewjin
UVA has had its problems in the past. George Hugueley(Lacrosse) strangled Yardley Love about 10 years ago and now this tragedy
This is a whole different kind of deal. It is so sad. We've got to solve the guns and shooting thing. The statistics are off the charts. There's no place on earth like the US in terms of killing, except Russia.

Last edited:
Some more sad and strange details have emerged about what happened. It sounds like a mix of bullying and perhaps mental health issues - what a sad story. Until more evidence is revealed, I will withhold further opinion.

• Sad
Reactions: drewjin
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT