ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Picks for the rest of the B1G games...

Sheffielder

Gold Member
Sep 1, 2004
I'm seeing...

Clemson over Ohio State but honestly...too close to call
Iowa over Florida
USC over Penn State
Wisconsin over Western Mich

I could see any of the first three games going either way. If the B1G loses all three, the claims of "best league" this year will ring hollow.

Wisconsin is gonna obliterate WMU
Who do we *want* to win?
Typically, we go head to head and, I think, usually lose recruiting battles with wisconsin.

Western Michigan is a less frequent recruiting rival, but they've been punching above their weight class recently, and I'm almost certain have a well regarded QB from Evanston coming in.

In some ways, a loss doesn't diminish Wisconsin's stature, but a win greatly increases WMU's.

So, go Badgers. (Also, Badgers by 30.)

Who do we *want* to win?
Typically, we go head to head and, I think, usually lose recruiting battles with wisconsin.

Western Michigan is a less frequent recruiting rival, but they've been punching above their weight class recently, and I'm almost certain have a well regarded QB from Evanston coming in.

In some ways, a loss doesn't diminish Wisconsin's stature, but a win greatly increases WMU's.

So, go Badgers. (Also, Badgers by 30.)

I dunno. I think a loss definitely diminishes Wisconsin's stature. Western Michigan is a team that Northwestern, which wasn't playing particularly well at the time, should have beaten in Week 1. If OSU and Wisconsin both lose, the B1G will look like chumps.

PSU has really done phenomenally and I think would def win except that the game is at USC's home field. Thus, a real true road game for PSU and real true home game for USC. It's why B1G often has trouble there.

PSU has really done phenomenally and I think would def win except that the game is at USC's home field. Thus, a real true road game for PSU and real true home game for USC. It's why B1G often has trouble there.

Well, it's actually UCLA's home field, the Trojans play in the Coliseum. But I get your point.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT