ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Shocker for Mizzou and Cuonzo Martin

Hungry Jack

Gold Member
Nov 17, 2008
the cotton fields and bus shelters
www.cbc.ca
Michael Porter Jr., the greatest thing in college hoops since pickled okra, is probably gone for the season as he needs back surgery to repair a damaged disk:

Porter, a preseason All-American, will undergo a procedure called a microdiscectomy of the L3-L4 spinal discs, the team confirmed Tuesday. The expected recovery time is three to four months. That will likely cause him to miss the rest of his freshman season. Porter has played only two minutes of Mizzou’s first game on Nov. 10 and missed the last three.

That's a kick in the pants for Mizzou, but they do have some talent in Porter's borther, Jontay, and Jeremiah Tilmon (poached from TSICU), as well as grad transfer Kassius Robertson from Canisius (say that real fast 10 times!).

Michael Porter Jr., the greatest thing in college hoops since pickled okra, is probably gone for the season as he needs back surgery to repair a damaged disk:

Porter, a preseason All-American, will undergo a procedure called a microdiscectomy of the L3-L4 spinal discs, the team confirmed Tuesday. The expected recovery time is three to four months. That will likely cause him to miss the rest of his freshman season. Porter has played only two minutes of Mizzou’s first game on Nov. 10 and missed the last three.

That's a kick in the pants for Mizzou, but they do have some talent in Porter's borther, Jontay, and Jeremiah Tilmon (poached from TSICU), as well as grad transfer Kassius Robertson from Canisius (say that real fast 10 times!).
Man, if you're having problems at L3-L4, you're in for a lifetime of hurt. I had L4-L5 and L5-S1 rhizotomy when I was in my mid-50s and it worked out OK but still struggle. I hate to think what stress a young athlete puts on his lower back.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT