ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Shooter on the loose on Ohio State campus

Per all the news agencies.

Per the latest, it's not a shooter, but someone with a knife. No fatalities.

"(The) stabber had a crazy look in his eyes."

No word on Harbaugh's whereabouts.

Too soon?

Reactions: Fitz51
Thankfully the first news reports were wrong. I was just passing on what was being said then.

Thoughts and prayers with everyone who was harmed.

Gunshots heard are now being attributed to officers taking down the suspect.

Best cure for assaults. One fewer wack-job on the planet.

Almost certainly ISIS. These people are here, and they're at war with us. This could happen literally anywhere. College campuses are the easiest targets because an ISIS guy could literally walk around campus with a machine gun on his shoulder and yelling "Allah Akhbar" at the top of his lungs, and the faculty and students and administration would suggest grief counseling and ask him if there's anything we can do for him to ease his mood...

Thankfully the first news reports were wrong. I was just passing on what was being said then.

Thoughts and prayers with everyone who was harmed.

Maybe edit the thread title? Regardless a sad story most likely implicating once again a failure of our mental health system.

Almost certainly ISIS. These people are here, and they're at war with us. This could happen literally anywhere. College campuses are the easiest targets because an ISIS guy could literally walk around campus with a machine gun on his shoulder and yelling "Allah Akhbar" at the top of his lungs, and the faculty and students and administration would suggest grief counseling and ask him if there's anything we can do for him to ease his mood...

It's all Trump's fault!!!!

None of my kids are currently at OSU. Plenty of friends with kids and relatives there though. It was very tense this morning and spent a lot of time on the phone and texting. Fortunately no one we knew were hurt, and prayers for all those who were impacted.

Per local news there weren't 17 casualties. I think count is at 10 with 4 having gunshot wounds, others were stabbed, hurt when the car hit the building, or in the process of escaping. One person was in critical condition but not sure of the status right now.

None of my kids are currently at OSU. Plenty of friends with kids and relatives there though. It was very tense this morning and spent a lot of time on the phone and texting. Fortunately no one we knew were hurt, and prayers for all those who were impacted.
Thanks for your update. No one wants this to happen--anywhere--we're thinking about you all and praying for the victims there.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
Almost certainly ISIS?

Per local news there weren't 17 casualties. I think count is at 10 with 4 having gunshot wounds, others were stabbed, hurt when the car hit the building, or in the process of escaping. One person was in critical condition but not sure of the status right now.
Good to hear, Klem. I don't personally know anyone at OSU (or in Columbus, for that matter), but as you're our most prominent OSU visitor over here, some of my first thoughts were around hoping that none of your friends or family were involved. Prayers are with the OSU community today. Football is but a pleasant diversion from the crazy-ass world around us. Best to you and yours, sir.

Attacker identified as a Somalian, us citizen

OK, I guess that does suggest radical Islamic fundamentalism at play.

Per Wikipedia:

Islam. The Mosque of Islamic Solidarity in Mogadishu is the largest masjid in the Horn region. Most residents of Somalia are Muslims, the majority belonging to the Sunni branch of Islam and the Shafi'i school of Islamic jurisprudence, although some are adherents of the Shia Muslim denomination.

Just maybe someone needs to check your meds.

The 4 with gunshot wounds must have either thought the knife wounds were bullet related or shot by police fire. Don't worry the Ohio governor will call in the National Guard, when he gets around to it.

.. and we are now learning that the shooter was not a U.S. Citizen, but rather a refugee from Somalia:

"Two law enforcement sources told Fox News the attacker, identified as Abdul Artan, came into the United States as a Somali refugee, and was granted status as a legal permanent resident. "

.. and we are now learning that the shooter was not a U.S. Citizen, but rather a refugee from Somalia:

"Two law enforcement sources told Fox News the attacker, identified as Abdul Artan, came into the United States as a Somali refugee, and was granted status as a legal permanent resident. "

Maybe ol' Trump is on to something......

Good to hear, Klem. I don't personally know anyone at OSU (or in Columbus, for that matter), but as you're our most prominent OSU visitor over here, some of my first thoughts were around hoping that none of your friends or family were involved. Prayers are with the OSU community today. Football is but a pleasant diversion from the crazy-ass world around us. Best to you and yours, sir.
Except for those whom the crazy ass world around is but a pleasant diversion from football.

Just maybe someone needs to check your meds.

Really? What hallucinogens were you on to NOT think this was radical Islamic terrorism at your back doorstep? I want some of those so I can pretend this isn't happening to peoples' children away at college...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT