ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Washington lands Utah State's Danny Sprinkle

montana_cat

Aug 31, 2001
Sprinkle hire

Small personal connection: When I was a sportswriter for the Billings Gazette, Danny's dad, Bill, made a coaching stop at one of the local high schools and I got to know Bill. Also, later on when I wandered into the tech world, a young lady came up to me one day and introduced herself as Lacey Sprinkle, now Lacey Gallik, daughter of Bill and brother of Danny. She knew of me from my sportswriting days.

Should be interesting now that Washington is in the Big whatever. My wife and I plan to drive to Seattle in September to watch the Wildcats take on the Huskies in their league debut. We may want to catch a flight that way in winter to see how Danny does against CC.

Reactions: Hungry Jack
Despite the wipeout Utah State suffered against Purdue, Washington got a good one in Sprinkle. He took the Montana State Bobcats to the promised land, March Madness, a few times.

Sprinkle hire

Small personal connection: When I was a sportswriter for the Billings Gazette, Danny's dad, Bill, made a coaching stop at one of the local high schools and I got to know Bill. Also, later on when I wandered into the tech world, a young lady came up to me one day and introduced herself as Lacey Sprinkle, now Lacey Gallik, daughter of Bill and brother of Danny. She knew of me from my sportswriting days.

Should be interesting now that Washington is in the Big whatever. My wife and I plan to drive to Seattle in September to watch the Wildcats take on the Huskies in their league debut. We may want to catch a flight that way in winter to see how Danny does against CC.
Bill Sprinkle as an RB at GFCHS was my hero as a kid. He played DB at UW.

Cool to see his son do well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT