ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Wow - Mississippi State fires Zach Arnett before he finishes his first season

NUCat320

Dec 4, 2005
Cowbell U was 9-4 last season, including Arnett’s bowl win over illinois after Mike Leach’s death.

Arnett’s Bulldogs are 4-6 this season.

Notably, Arnett left the Leach tree to hire his OC, who came from Appy State after a few years at CMU.

MSU’s only conference win is against Arkansas, and they had been outscored 102-26 in three straight losses to Auburn, Kentucky, and Texas A&M.

Notably, Arnett was employed for about 36 hours longer than Jimbo Fisher, who beat him 51-10 on Saturday. 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️

Actually, Arnett’s firing is pretty defensible.

San Diego State’s hc ( and former Michigan hc) Brady Hoke announced his retirement today effective at the end of the season. The Aztecs are having a losing season and will not be bowl-eligible for the first time in many years. The Aztecs have a fine new football stadium but have struggled to attract fans with a really underwhelming season and non-performing offense. The coaching carousel continues to spin.

Coaching Mississippi State for any reason other than a big paycheck is a fool's mission. I know they have had some good years and talented players but talk about pounding your head against a wall. NU can be like that - pounding your head against a wall - but at least until the recent past it took a whole lot to get fired.

The comments below the tweet are saying it's a fake - a photoshop - and that on November 13 (day of tweet) Chadwell was seen on campus and ran the Liberty practice that day.

Liberty at 10 - 0 is probably the most underreported cfb story this year, along with James Madison's identical record. Glad to see them both finally get some AP votes.

All that said I DID learn from the comments that Starkville is the home of the Ulysses S Grant Presidential library. Why is it there? He was from Ohio and died in NY and NYC has the famous Grant tomb. Strange. Learn something new every day!

The comments below the tweet are saying it's a fake - a photoshop - and that on November 13 (day of tweet) Chadwell was seen on campus and ran the Liberty practice that day.

😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳
My apologies. Still funny even if fake.

Yes, it is funny. Who knows, maybe the fakers are those who said he was on campus? (Kinda doubt it, though).

I am amazed a "small" school like Liberty is paying a coach a million dollars more annually than what we paid Fitz! (4 million a year).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT