ADVERTISEMENT

Our fans suck ....

Max_Power

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
On Saturday I had the worst fan experience I have had at any NU event because my sons, who are both lifelong NU fans dared root for their own school, Illinois on Saturday. Worse, they wore orange.

Two events sum up the day but these are two examples because there were more issues. In the second half, my son saw a friend in the NU student section. They had been in classes since kindergarten and became friends in high school. Because my son was raised in Welsh-Ryan, he thought nothing of heading into the student section to say hi. Hell, we went to a game two weeks ago and he wore a rosebowl sweatshirt and sat and talked with Joe Spivak the entire second half so why would he think there'd be an issue. But today he was wearing orange. Some idiot NU student got in face, insulted him and then when my kid ignored him pushed my kid as he walked up the stairs. Keep it classy NU students. When he reached his buddy it was all hugs and hi-fives. But security had to come in when my kid tried to leave the student section.

Second, some idiot NU fan tried to pulled the "but you go to Illinois" angle on my kids as we left the game. Are you kidding. My kids are an economic major who already has a job in sales and spoke to the University of Chicago MBA program last week about sales for start ups. He works 30 hours a week while he is finishing up his last semester. My other son has straight A's in the engineering school and hopes to double major in computer engineering and math at Illinois and get a graduate degree in four years.

And here's the kicker - after their older brother went to NU - neither of my younger two wanted to go to NU. He told them the school just wasn't fun and the administration was doing everything they could to destroy the greek system, which is destroying campus social life. Both my boys are having an amazing time at Illinois and getting a great education.

Sorry but when your own fans make asses of themselves, its not a good look.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News